thirty bees forum

Doubts about production environment

Anima

Question

Hello everyone!

I need the advice and help of the most experienced.

1st I have VPS 1x2.4GHz 4GB RAM 20GB SSD, I am bothered with it and I am thinking of switching to these configurations 1x2.4GHz 6GB RAM 25GB SSD or 1x3.1GHz 2GB 25GB SSD. My question is, what is more important RAM or CPU? Or in that case RAM would be better seen that the CPU difference is not glaring?

2nd An Nginx + apache server for a small store (1000 products) is viable, is it worth the effort? Is it too complicated to make the two work together?

3º For the time being I have 2 stores in the same VPS, I have plans for 4 stores, better get a VPS for each store or choose a better VPS (ex: 2x2.4GHz 12GB RAM 50GB SSD or 2x3.1GHz 4GB RAM 50GB SSD)

4th is it feasible to put the store in normal web sites? I will not have to configure VPS, but is it good to leave the store in a shared environment?

3 answers to this question

I am almost migraine to this company, I am at OVH at 1 year and I am almost 1 year in advance. The OVH machines have admirable technology and the price even more, but the support is terrible !!! Imagine a layman installing only ISPConfig, Apche, Debian 8, it was scary! Returning to doubt, which product do you recommend for a store with 1k products? How many products can I add to this hosting? Or would you rather get a VPS? So I leave the environment ovh for tests.

I'm Brazilian, I need a price, USD and EUR are extremely expensive for me!

2nd An Nginx + apache server for a small store (1000 products) is viable

For performance considerations, the number of page views counts a lot more than the number of products. If you're that keen on more performance, it'd be better to analyse the current state, first. There are plenty of tools, e.g. Firefox' built-in web developer toolbox, showing each file loaded and how long it takes. If you have shell access to the server, run 'top' for a while and watch how much it swaps. No/rare swapping -> RAM is sufficient.

4th is it feasible to put the store in normal web sites?

Yes. Apache, PHP, database is sufficient.