thirty bees forum

Automatic orders dividing

arek_karnia

Question

Is it possible to disable automatic splitting of orders? I mean the division of the order with ASM enabled and products in different warehouses.
It seems to me that in earlier 30bees versions there wasn't such solution.
Payment modules made for Prestashop 1.6 do not support this solution.
I'm afraid that buyers may also be confused.

Regards,
Arek 

9 answers to this question

Could be hard to get an answer for this. Not a lot of people us ASM. We do, but only with one warehouse. So I can't tell 100% but I never have seen any setting to set this off. Are you sure its new in TB? Then it could be a bug. But it would surprise me a bit, since ASM wasn't touched a lot...

Ok I have looked deeper into it. Probably you are right. It happens when there are different warehouses. (At least some ps users reported this too). But it happens also when ASM is activated for some products in the order but for other products in the order asm is deactivated.

When you use multistore, this things become even more tricky... In my case ASM was active for default shop, but not for the second shop... @arek_karnia do you use multistore too?

I'm sorry for my lack of response.
I do not use multistore and at the moment I do not use 30bees in the store where I will sell, so I didn't make further tests.

I have a generally difficult model, which comes down to something like dropshiping.
I collect data from three companies (three warehouse and accounting programs). Connectors Prestashop/30bees <-> accounting programs do not support ASM. That's why I first send data to three different stores (with disabled ASM) and then send data to the fourth store with ASM enabled - one store to one warehouse. It all works on 30bees.

And now, after the last experiences  and the need to use plugs for quick domestic payments (PayPal alone is not enough), I send everything to the fifth store 🙂 which finally is on Prestashop 1.7.5 engine.
Unfortunately, most of the "national" plugins (couriers, payments, invoicing) are being developed to the new Prestashop engine.  

Especially errors in the payment module (PayU) is critical for me. And I do not have time to change the code.

Every year again 😅

I finally understood what in my case brought up this order splitting. It's missing entries in warehouse_product_location table. It happened for me, if we are adding combinations or deleting combinations. Not sure, if it's a bug in core or if it came to bad overrides on my side.

Maybe someone else can confirm, if he has this issue too due to combinations.

No, my shops have all the goods in my warehouse so I don't need supplier lists. I can see this helpful for dropshipping retailers. But in the same time the customer sees 2 orders with the same number, pretty confusing. Probably this order splitting should be made differently, even if they expect 2 orders from 2 warehouses.

I had it like that because when I started my first shop I had ASM on and all products where there. As years progressed I saw few bugs (that I don't even remember now) and started clicking 'enter manually' on each new product.

Now ASM is disabled and life is better. Or at least until datakick don't release his warehousing module and I see some cool features that I need (then it life would be better 😄 ).

• Like 1