thirty bees forum

Url changed after migration

Pilou

Question

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to thanks all dev, all moderators and all who make this possible. I am a Ps users til v1.3.7 if I remember well. :)

I tried the Migration Module.

Just before that, I go back to the default theme of Ps (may be not important) The migration module worked well without any error.

But I have a small problem with my url's. In Ps, I delete the category in the product url to have a clean url like www.mydomain.com/99-my-product.html

After the migration, url's are back to something like www.mydomain.com/category/99-my-product (no .html at the end)

I think it's not good for SEO, isn't it ?

Sorry for my bad english, but my mother language is french.

Kind regards, Pilou

I must thank you very much for the time you were content to spent on my problem. You were right that our Hoster seems to have Apache htacces tule restricted or so. I learned a lot a found cool sites that simulate rewrites, redirects and regex!

Here is the code that works in my case to strip .html and to grant access to my old CMS pages:

RewriteEngine on RewriteRule . - [E=REWRITEBASE:/] RewriteRule (.+?).html$ /$1 [R=301,NE,NC,L] RewriteRule (.+?)/$ /$1 [R=301,NE,NC,L]

RewriteRule ^info/impressum$ /info/9-impressum? [R=301,NE,NC,L]

RewriteRule info/[0-9]+-(.+)$ /info/$1 [R=301,NC,L]