thirty bees forum

Url changed after migration

Pilou

Question

Hello all,

First of all, I would like to thanks all dev, all moderators and all who make this possible. I am a Ps users til v1.3.7 if I remember well. :)

I tried the Migration Module.

Just before that, I go back to the default theme of Ps (may be not important) The migration module worked well without any error.

But I have a small problem with my url's. In Ps, I delete the category in the product url to have a clean url like www.mydomain.com/99-my-product.html

After the migration, url's are back to something like www.mydomain.com/category/99-my-product (no .html at the end)

I think it's not good for SEO, isn't it ?

Sorry for my bad english, but my mother language is french.

Kind regards, Pilou

Hello Lesley,

Thanks for your answer. No, I can't.. When i changed the product url into "{id}-{rewrite}.html", i had an error message when i tried to save : "Route "product_rule" with rule: "{id}-{rewrite}.html" needs a correct delimiter"

Hello mdekker,

Finally, I found the default product url is {rewrite} in tb. In Ps, it was {id}-{rewrite}. So I removed {id} and it's ok. I can save it on Seo & Url Tab.

Now, I must find how to redirect old url {id}-{rewrite}.html to new one {rewrite}.html

It's seems better, thank you !! (you code quicker then your shadow :-)))))

How to verify .htaccess is working please ?

Simply type mydomain.com/121-product121.html and it do not work (mydomain.com/product121.html exist and its id is 121)

Back !

I tried to edit the line RewriteRule ^ /id-productname.html$ /productname.html [L]

in RedirectPermanent /id-productname.html /productname.html

and it works well :)

The question is : 450 lines more in .htaccess file, does it affect the speed of the web site ?

See https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/320/problem-saving-seo-url-routes:

• The table to edit for manual tweaks isn't configuration, but configuration_lang.
  • Rewrite settings are language-aware, so one has to change the value for each language. Distinct values for different languages are perfectly possible.
  • While this currently isn't possible in backoffice, a fix is provided for 1.0.2.

Maybe there are some extra steps required to get these rules into effect. Instead of investigating what this could be it's probably easier to apply the patch here: https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/320/problem-saving-seo-url-routes/3

Use a generic text editor (Word is the wrong tool), open file controllers/admin/AdminMetaController.php, find text addFieldRoute(, then 'type' => 'text', then change this 'text' to 'textLang' and save the file.

On success there will be a small menu for selecting the language under each of these rewrite rule fields. Modify the rule(s) to your likings, do the same for each language, click 'Save', then 'Regenerate URLs'. This should do the trick.

I migrated, too :) with a live shop

less than 12 hours later I notice that product pages are rewritten to a scheme without .html.

I like that but all old seo juice and links is now gone to error 404 :( I read your comments carefully and wonder if I still want to have ThirtyBees rewrite of (e.g.) product pages:

Is there no way to rewrite via regex in the htaccess?