thirty bees forum

PayPal

haylau

Question

@lesley

Follow on from this thread: 

We are in the UK, and we have website pro for Paypal. This allows customer to pay by their paypal account or by card, and the payment page is clearly obvious

Currently using the PayPal bodue from PS. Configuration is:

image.thumb.png.bf0caa92f805497b59aab9e5818b0290.png

Customer see this:

image.thumb.png.e14675608e4c98a261df046767489d32.png

In the 30bees module we just get a "forbidden" message. If needed I will install again tonight and show the screen, but I don't like to play too much while the site is active.

A couple of thoughts

1) It would be great if the 30bees module had a different name so that both could be installed a the same time. Currently I have to uninstall the PS module to test the 30bees module (we don't have a testbed)

2) In the 30bees module is the "pro" option the same as the PS module? I wondered if in 30bees the "Pro" option is actaully a European version and not allowed on UK sites?

18 answers to this question

Hi Lesley

Just so we can be certain:

1) "pro" in the 30bees module is the same as Website Pro in the UK so I should be able to use it?

2) Using the 30bees module I should be able to get a screen looking exactly like this? (e.e PayPal account AND card details on same page - and expanded like this)
image.thumb.png.e14675608e4c98a261df046767489d32.png.02c95059843e0e6ffb9de42d4ae79dcb.png

3) If the answer to 1 and 2 are both yes, then yes, I could do with your help - BUT only if you think it is 30bees / paypal module related. I would not want to drag you away from your "day job"

It is not the standard PayPal screen. On the standard screen they try to "hide" the pay by card system and encourage you to sign up for an account. Most of our clients are businesses and I need the card payment option to be very obvious and easy

Look, the PS module works just fine for me. So let's leave it for now - not worth spending more time on. I was only trying to get rid of the orange "update module" in the modules page :classic_biggrin:

Also which suggests Website Payment Pro (what we use) is UK only, and I think the TB module is PayPal Payments Pro - perhaps that is where the issue is?

Just noted this:(https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/api/#payflow-gateway)

Website Payments Pro

Important: Website Payments Pro is currently available in the UK only. PayPal continues to support merchants with existing integrations outside the UK. New integrations outside the UK must use PayPal Payments Pro, the replacement for Website Payments Pro.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:07 AM, lesley said:

It didn't work for me, anyone has the solution now? I am using the standard thirtybees PayPal module (v5.4.3). 

The buyer can still login or checkout however, the Forbidden warning at the bottom is distracting. Maybe, the band-aid solution is to hide it but I don't know if its doable.

On 3/4/2019 at 5:07 AM, lesley said:

Its not the best solution, but try adding this line to the top of your htaccess file. T

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*"

Forbidden.PNG

1 hour ago, KolS said:

It seem the Website Payments Plus causing the error message to appear. When I disabled it the forbidden error at the bottom is gone.

Correct. We switched back to standard and all is ok. Just means customers can’t add card details directly on the website, but on reflection because of PCI compliance was probably better for us anyway. 

• Like 2

Hello All,

Trying to convert my current website over to thirty bees and running into a number of issues related to modules. The one I'm addressing here concerns the PayPal 5.4.5 module by Thirty Bees. Besides a TLS issue that I think is being read incorrectly within the module, the primary problem seems to be the payment "profile" we use is missing. Apparently the download of TB yesterday does not include the PayPal Payments Standard profile - which is what we currently use on our PS1.6 platform. I really don't want to change anything in this migration because purposely changing things unnecessarily in a system this complex is only going to exacerbate troubleshooting future problems. So, my question is: is there someplace I can download the needed "profile" for this module?

I have never been able to complete a successful migration from my current PS 1.6.1.4 platform to any other system, I assume because of the customization and apparently the sheer size. Over 14,000 products with hundreds of order histories and customers that all must be part of that migration. My hosting provider uninstalled the PHP version my site is running under yesterday without notice, causing the site to go blank for a few hours until they restored the version we needed, but this just illustrated the need to push forward to something else with an urgency more pressing than previous indications warranted.

I am currently running the PayPal USA, Canada v1.3.9 module by Prestashop in the current live installation of my site, but this module will not install into ThirtyBees 1.3.0, and I've tried to make it TB compatible, but I'm apparently missing something as that endeavor has been so far unsuccessful.

Edited by DarkHorse