thirty bees forum

Bug with free shipping / pick-up

Smile

Question

I have been trying to setup a pick up. After a bit trying i got it working with enabling free shipping set to no and add prices 0.000.

I am not sure if this should be the case for sure it is not working very easy this way....

Maybe a bug maybe nothing or a improvement....

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

12 answers to this question

I have fixed it by setting free shipping to no in the shipping configurations screen. Then on the list where you can see all shippers i have ticked free shipping. This seems to overrule without disabling the zones and now it works.

• Thanks 1

On 3/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, Smile said:

I have fixed it by setting free shipping to no in the shipping configurations screen. Then on the list where you can see all shippers i have ticked free shipping. This seems to overrule without disabling the zones and now it works.

Had the exactly same problem and your answer solved it for me: Store pickup did not show up during the order process, even though it was assigned to all the articles in my cart.

Like another person above I noticed that somehow I had to assign the zones to the carrier, but the checkboxes to do so were disabled as a result of the "free shipping" slider. Got it working by disabling free shipping, assigning all zones with price 0.00 and enabling free shipping from the carrier OVERVIEW (click the red x to make it a green checkmark). It seems like that the zones stay assigned even though they are disabled in the GUI by the free shipping slider.

Hi

I've the same problem and I've solved it just like you say, but I've noticed that when you edit the name of a carrier marked as "free shipping" something really weird happens:

- The ID number changes
- In the database the original item is marked as deleted
- In the database appears a new row with a "new" carrier, that shows the edited name.

I just wanted to explain this because it's seems to be really a bug, and if the "free shipping" slide is creating all these problems, maybe it'd be better to disable it at all.

8 minutes ago, Traumflug said:

That's not weird, that's expected. This 'deleted' carrier is needed for older orders, from before the change. Without it, older orders would show the new carrier properties.

Thanks for the answer Traumflug. It seemed "weird" to me because I was only editing the carrier's name to correct a misspelling and I didn't expect that to affect old orders... But I understand what you say, and I've just seen that also happens in all carriers, not only in the "free shipping" ones, so my comment was wrong. Thanks!