thirty bees forum

Payment errors

haylau

Question

We seem to be getting a lot more payment errors than we used to. Payment is recieved at PayPal but we get these messages and the order is not created. I have checked as many logs as I can see and see no other help.

TB 1.08 and PS PayPal module - of course it may just be a paypal issue

Any ideas? 

image.thumb.png.bdd28485304f023d59e43045e8cfb46d.png

3 answers to this question

@Jonny - this is very intermittent. Our last customer kindly took some screen prints as he was doing a repeat order. And that means the intermittent problem can possibly  be narrowed down to individual customers - and therefore perhaps a hardware issue at their side?

So my customer who took the screen prints told me that he was using safari on an ipad - do you think this could possibly be related to a bug in the theme? I haven't got an ipad for a few days so i can't check it out. Any other way of testing this theory?

To add: we are using the Panda Theme

Edited by haylau

Hi,

More like a problem of the paypal module you are using. I don't have much knowledge about the PS paypal module, try upgrading it to the latest version, if the problem still exists, try reaching the developer of the module to ask them to check what's wrong. If the problem still can't be figured out, contact me to check as the last resort.

Edited by Jonny

Update - 

We have been getting IPN notices from PayPal recetly and they tie in. This is strange because in PayPal we have IPN disabled and I beleive the paypal module override this feature anyway

However, I think this may be related to CSF firewall. I have allowed the paypal IP address through the firewall and will watch with baited breath to see if it re-ocurs