thirty bees forum

Performance considerations ??

Petter

I'm just cheeking out Thiry Bees. Today I'm running a shop using Prestashop 1.6x  and looking for a future since 1.6x series of Prestashop seems to soon be end of life. after looking at Prestashop 1.7 - changing to 1.7 series in the future will not be an option.

Today, I'm satisfied with the performance of my shop, getting 95-98 % results in google pagespeed and also good ratings in other page tests.  I'm try to keep the website feel responsive without delays for my customers. When reading about Thirty bees, is seems to be the future for Prestashop 1.6x users. Also reading about the optimizations for caching and pagespeed is seems promising.  I also tried to test several of the sites listed running Thirty bees, using google pagespeed, I was generally not very impressed (except for one site archiving 100%)  So it seems even if Thirty bees sited still need someone to really fine tune the installation and apply possible fine tuning of the installation to get good performance ?

What about indexing of tables in the database, have the database for thirty bees added additional indexes for tha tables compared to the normal Prestashop 1.6x series ?

My current Prestashop 1.6X instalation is  Ubuntu 16.04x64, Nginx compiled with google pagspeed module, Percona database, php 7.0  - running on an old HP Proliant G6 that I bought used for about USD $ 200,-

Edited by Petter
tags

i have been using thirtybees for about a year now.. form prestashop 1.6x.. and I agree, thirtybees is the future of prestashop 1.6x users.. what I love about thirtybees is it doesnt have as many bugs as prestashop.. there are still bugs that we, developers, need to resolve.. but that goes with the territory of almost all open source.. as you said, "there is still a need for someone to fine tune the installation" to get better performance.. as far as database tables indexing.. no, I dont think thirtybees has added addidtional indexing.. it is basically same as prestashop 1.6x. 

But overall, thirtybees checks the boxes for me..

• Like 1

Probably it's a good idea to make a clone of your existing shop, then migrating this to thirty bees. This removes the guessing and replaces it by hard numbers.

For tuning, there are two key things: a) turn caching on. Full page cache is still tricky, but everything else reliable. And b) remove what the shop doesn't need. Slow shops are typically a result of many many modules added, each bites a bit into performance.

Here's @wakabayashi great video showing how to do it:

• Like 1