thirty bees forum

Webservice problem

haylau

Question

Hi

we use the webservice to send our orders to the carrier APi (Parcelforce)

So in TB I activated webservice and generated the key. In the parcelforce website I added the store url (u-bolts-r-us.co.uk) and the key and all works well, and orders were appearing on the parcelforce website

Something has changed

a few days ago our host changed our vps ip address  which gave us lots of issues slowly being addressed. But the one issue I can;t solve is that the webservice has not kicked in

So, is the webservice linked to IP address somewhere?

They have made some adjustments to the server and I wonder if some module / setting has changed .

If I got to u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/api and enter the key it works

But in the parcelforce system i  get Your " Prestashop connection settings are invalid"

So 

1) Could it be an IP issue -where i can I adjust that?

2) is there a server module  / setting that is required for the webservice to work remotely?

BTW a few weeks ago i talked about a similar issue - but then it was the csf firewall getting in the way. That is not the case this time as I have tried switching off the firewall

9 answers to this question

Can anyone help? Really struggling with this

latest update:

This is not a firewall issue as I have disabled the firewall

Webservice runs just fine. Going to website/API and entering the security key brings these results - for example:

<orders xlink:href="https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/api/orders" get="true" put="true" post="true" delete="true" head="true">
<description xlink:href="https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/api/orders" get="true" put="true" post="true" delete="true" head="true"> The Customers orders</description>
<schema xlink:href="https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/api/orders?schema=blank" type="blank"/>
<schema xlink:href="https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/api/orders?schema=synopsis" type="synopsis"/>
</orders>

In the carrier system (parcelforce) I enter and test the key and it says the settings are valid. (Presumably it does what I do manually above)

BUT

when we click to import orders we get a message saying there are no valid orders to import

This used to work, and still does with ebay / amazon. I cannot see any error logs. Carrier is not spotting any errors on there side

My only guess is that there is a server setting somehwere that could be stopping this from working.

My staff are starting to shout at me as they are having to type in all the courier orders. 

Can anyone offer any advice as to whaterver settings could be relevant here?

btw, it's not possible to resolve your dns address 

edit:

I've just run some tests on your domain: u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

1) domain name can't be resolved to IP address from my location (Czech republic)

2) domain name can be resolved from my VPS located in Frankfurt 

3) domain name can be resolved from my VPS located in New York

That's quite weird, and should not happen. 

12 minutes ago, datakick said:

Look into your server's access log and search for access to webservice endpoint. If there are no entries, then the problem is most probably at carrier side.  

Is there a specific named log I should check? Not seeing anything in any logs I have found so far. So presumabky you are saying there shuuld be no specific server related issues that allow / disallow the webservice from working?

10 minutes ago, datakick said:

The IP address was changed a couple of weeks ago so perhaps still being populated? TBH although we do have a VPS so theoretically we are in charge of these things, it is not really my skill set. Our hosts changed the IP address and then helped with all the setting changes but not sure if they got everything right or even how to check. We do still get some issues with emails etc.

IP should be

11 minutes ago, haylau said:

Our hosts changed the IP address and then helped with all the setting changes but not sure if they got everything right

I would contact your host and ask them how it's possible that the dns records can't be resolved from some locations. It is quite likely that they have some firewall in front of *name servers* that blocks requests from certain locations, making your website non-existent for part of the internet.

If they can't fix this, change nameservers. For example, go for cloudflare. 

image.png.86911f531f51c1d0e135380f7edac92d.png

2 hours ago, datakick said:

edit:

I've just run some tests on your domain: u-bolts-r-us.co.uk

1) domain name can't be resolved to IP address from my location (Czech republic)

Same here in Slovenia...
Brexit i guess 😉

Edited by tommat
  • Haha 1

Thanks @datakick, @tommat

Checked with our host who said we just have to wait for the propagation to get across the globe - (Weeks? Really? I understood a day or two)

Errors of your customers related to missing DNS-record, but at the current moment, all record represent correctly, so it seems that DNS-record still propagates right now.
All DNS-record for your nameservers represents correctly.
I`ve also checked your DNS-record for domains u-bolts-r-us.co.uk and graphskill.co.uk and have not found any issue.

$ dig u-bolts-r-us.co.uk A +short
$ dig u-bolts-r-us.co.uk NS +short
ns1.graphskill.com.
ns2.graphskill.com.
$ dig u-bolts-r-us.co.uk MX +short
0 u-bolts-r-us.co.uk.
$ dig u-bolts-r-us.co.uk TXT +short
"v=spf1 +a +mx +ip4:109.123.115.13 ~all"

7 minutes ago, haylau said:

Thanks @datakick, @tommat

Checked with our host who said we just have to wait for the propagation to get across the globe - (Weeks? Really? I understood a day or two)

It's unlikely that it would take weeks, but I guess it's possible in case that the dns records had large TTL before. But usually dns propagation take hours/days at most.

Good news is that it's possible to resolve the dns records from my location now. So maybe the dns propagated, or the tech support did something that fixed that (I would bet on this one). 

So maybe the integration with your carrier will now work.

Hosts finally admitted there was a problem with the "Glue" forthe nameserver. This has now been corrected so hopefully everything back to normal - well apart for the webservice still not working which was the original problem:(