thirty bees forum

Moving From Sub Domain to Main Website

AndyC

Hi All

Before I go way to far in setting up my website on a sub domain. I have been wondering what to do with things like Images etc as they are being saved to the sub domain rather than my main domain.

So when I finally finish and want to move over to my main domain say from www.abc.com/def to www.abc.com does everything follow or is there a lot of other things to change ,like images products etc as I have never had to do this before

TIA

• 1 month later...

2 months down the line .. I am at the stage of thinking about going live with my site. Got almost 1000 products done and lots of links etc pointing to important information like 

terms / delivery / important links etc .. but they all have the ending of .co.uk/PwTb/terms&conditions etc

When the time comes to remove mywebsite.co.uk/PwTb  to mywebsite.co.uk  Do all my links convert or will I have to go though each 1 on do them myself. As I have never done this before. Also would it better to hire someone to do it or can it be done myself with basic skills.

I am just stressing out not knowing if I have messed up or not lol

1 hour ago, Traumflug said:

URLs typed into text fields have to get changed manually, that's correct. URLs created automatically also change automatically by editing SEO & URLs in Preferences.

Ahh OK , forgot about the Base URI , that'll change from /PwTb to just a plain / and all my pasted urls will just need changing

Just found a link that explains it all .. Again so much easier than zencart lol