thirty bees forum

Webservice issues - still

haylau

Pulling what is left of my hair out here :(

Webserice used to work fine with our courier system (Parcelforce) but has stopped. Courier system developers say there is nothing wrong at their end. To show this, the installed their own version of Prestashop and used the webservice to pull down orders into their system. The produced the attached csv file to show that it works

Now from my side. If I go to domain.com/api and enter the key  get access to the api. And if i use domain.com//api/orders?filter%5Bcurrent_state%5D=%5B20%5D&filter%5Bdate_add%5D=%3E%5B2019-05-20+22%3A00%3A00%5D&display=full&date=1&sendemail=1

I can see the full xml data as shown in screen print - so I KNOW the webservice works. and i KNOW the courier system works, but SOMETHING must be blocking the two from talking to each other

Ourr access logs show these lines when the courier tries to get the orders from the webservice (nothing in their logs)

78.153.247.199 - - [22/May/2019:22:01:44 +0100] "GET /api/orders?filter%5Breference%5D=00000000&display=full&sendemail=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 124 "-" "Zend_Http_Client"
78.153.247.199 - - [22/May/2019:22:01:52 +0100] "GET /api/orders?filter%5Bcurrent_state%5D=%5B20%5D&filter%5Bdate_add%5D=%3E%5B2019-05-20+22%3A00%3A00%5D&display=full&date=1&sendemail=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 3622 "-" "Zend_Http_Client"

And sometimes

78.153.247.199 - - [22/May/2019:13:02:41 +0100] "GET /api/order_states?display=%5Bid%2Cname%5D HTTP/1.1" 200 504 "-" "Zend_Http_Client"
78.153.247.199 - - [22/May/2019:13:02:41 +0100] "GET /api/orders?filter%5Bcurrent_state%5D=%5B1%7C2%7C3%7C8%7C9%7C10%7C11%7C12%7C13%7C14%7C18%7C19%7C20%5D&filter%5Bdate_add%5D=%3E%5B2019-05-02+22%3A00%3A00%5D&display=full&date=1&sendemail=1 HTTP/1.1" 200 3718 "-" "Zend_Http_Client"

Which shows they are trying to connect. I go to that link and I can see the data. So what on earth is happening . Is this a clue??

HTTP/1.1" 200 3622 "-" "Zend_Http_Client"

Not sure what 3622 (or the 506 and 3718) refers to

Phpinfo file if it helps: http://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/phpinfo.php

Is there anyone who can help track down the issue?

WDMPATC_20190522_eorder_logs.csv

xml screenprint.png

Based on your access log it looks that everything is fine on your side and the problem is on Parcelforce side.

as you can see your webserver response with 200 (which mean OK) and the numbers you are referring to are the total bytes returned in the response.

3 hours ago, yaniv14 said:

Based on your access log it looks that everything is fine on your side and the problem is on Parcelforce side.

as you can see your webserver response with 200 (which mean OK) and the numbers you are referring to are the total bytes returned in the response.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. 

My only other thought, and I do not know enough about this. If the XML schema was different could that make a difference? Ihave tried rolling back to the prestashop webservice file and that does not make a difference

The API key is correct because we feed it into the system. I suppose if it was not correct that server log would not give a 200 code? And it used to work. We have even tried a new key

Parcelforce are basically shrugging their shoulders and saying "well, it works for us if we set up a prestashop instance" which is not the best form of support.

I have been going throught this now for a couple of months with them. The problem I think is the support team are not the developers  they are go betweens and will not give me direct access to the developers

I am beginning to wonder if they have changed their system to only work with Prestashop 1.7 (if even that would make a difference??)

1 minute ago, yaniv14 said:

The reason I asked about the api key is because on the csv file you attached some of the response where 401 (unauthorized)

Yes, the CSV file was created by Parcelforce on their own instance of prestashop just to show me that their system works - so nothing to do with our installation

Just tried the 1.7 dispatcher file and the import process still does not work

In Parcelforce system there is a button to test the API settings and that reports all is well. But when we click the import button it does not give errors, it just says there are no orders to import - but obviously there are. So this is why there are no error reports anywhere. 

I guess it is time for me to look for another courier. parcelforce are not the cheapest and one of the reasons we stay with them is because of this link -so if it is not working......by by parcelforce

8 hours ago, musicmaster said:

You might consider opening the network tab in your browser's console. There you can see the actual communication taking place and click on each of the file names to see what was returned.

Had a quick look, but not skilled enough. I know how to operate console for the page once it is loaded to check generaconsole errors, css effects etc, but how would I see what is happening when I click a submit button? The submit button does not change pages but would populate the existing page. So not sure how to see the results of clicking the button. 

18 hours ago, haylau said:

The submit button does not change pages but would populate the existing page. So not sure how to see the results of clicking the button. 

That is called Ajax. It means that the software calls a page in the background and then uses the results of that page to change the page you see. So you never see the page that was called.

However, when you have the network console open on the moment that you press this submit button you will see that page come along.