thirty bees forum

Can't delete aftership

vzex

Question

Hi, long time no see 🙂

Uninstalled/deleted aftership module a while ago.

Just noticed BO orders>pick any customers order>at shipping section if I add USPS tracking number the link STILL goes to aftership.

I've cleared cache, deleted my aftership account, turned off web service, deleted aftership link shipping>carrier even searched my host directory for "aftership" nothing comes up.

BUT if I look at page source THERE IT IS the link to aftership which if I hover in BO shows aftership as well! 😞

So of course this shows as a link for the customer but goes to a dead page.

How do I get rid of aftership and why didn't it delete when I deleted the module?

I'd like to replace the aftership BO shipping link with USPS tracking but not sure of the correct URL

I've added the following to carrier but as I said aftership link is still shows up not the new USPS link I replaced it with after saving under carrier.

The only thing I can think of is to delete aftership link from the template but not sure which templates to fix.

Did I miss something obvious? Please help!

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

The first step is to look whether your Aftership module really is gone. You should look for that in the modules directory. Make sure that you have really uninstalled it and not only disabled it.

The next step is looking for overrides that might have stayed behind. It is easiest with Prestools you can also just explore the override directory.

Of course you should also have emptied the cache.

29 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

The first step is to look whether your Aftership module really is gone. You should look for that in the modules directory. Make sure that you have really uninstalled it and not only disabled it.

Yes I did that checked my hosting directories to make sure they were gone as well after searching all directories there.

The next step is looking for overrides that might have stayed behind. It is easiest with Prestools you can also just explore the override directory.

Not sure about editing overrides but wow didn't know this was available!

Just installed Prestools not sure where to look for aftership but I will try to find it.

Of course you should also have emptied the cache.

Yes, did that.

Looks like finding the entry in Prestools is what I need to figure out.

@musicmaster Thank you so much for the quick reply!

16 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

Emptying the line and pressing Finish doesn't work?

These data are very likely stored in the tb_configuration table of your database

No aftership link is still there.

This seems like the perfect example of a module that isn't done right.

Tried a different browser in case cache was not clearing it's the same. I'm just wondering how many customers went to the dead link 😞

I'll see if I can find the entry in my database although I'm not too comfortable changing anything there.

*update*

searched database with phpMyAdmin for aftership again and found the following:

2 matches in TB_carrier

1663 matches in TB_connections_source

1 match in TB_employee

1663 matches in TB_pagenotfound

Total: 3329 matches

Yikes! Is it safe to delete these?

Why weren't all these entries deleted or changes to USPS tracking link?

Edited by vzex

Only those entries in tb_carrier seem interesting.  

As for tb_employee, just check what that is about. It may be just the last thing you have done.

Remains the puzzle why updating the deleted line doesn't work. Do you see any errors in your error log?

Edited by musicmaster

1 hour ago, musicmaster said:

Only those entries in tb_carrier seem interesting.  

As for tb_employee, just check what that is about. It may be just the last thing you have done.

tb_employee has email for support@aftership.com

I've been getting a lot of page not found under visitors

Think I might just delete all the above instances and hope for the best.

I don't like that after uninstalling/deleting module and removing web service link aftership stays.

I guess no one else stops using aftership and has this problem 🙂

*update*

deleted 2 matches in TB_carrier

no longer have the live link under customer order but I don't show USPS tracking even though I save/finish a new link to USPS again under carrier

I'm using this link:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=@

Shouldn't that link adding @ show the live link where the old aftership link was under orders?

*SOLVED* couldn't edit topic to add solved

For some reason my database was not saving the USPS url after entering/finish on the carrier page.

Is this a known issue or just me? 🙂

Used phpMyAdmin to access my database at my host using the search ON THE TOP not on the left pane for "aftership" edited the url that was pointing to aftership then added:

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction_input?strOrigTrackNum=@

Also deleted all database entries that contained aftership. Finally got rid of it after it did not uninstall completely.

Now I can click on the tracking number link under orders>view any of my customer orders and the live link goes to the tracking number at USPS as it should!

Also used login as customer module from @datakickto make sure customer link was correct and it is!

Thanks @musicmaster all seems to be working correctly now!

Edited by vzex
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I tested on my site and I didn't find any problem changing the track url. It makes me wonder whether you see any error in your log files.

Every time I saved/finish it created a new DB entry but did not created a hot link at order page.

Control panel error log at host is quite long, lots of PHP listings.

I also finally updated panda to latest version not sure if that caused all the PHP errors. PHP Version 7.0.25

Screen Shot 2019-05-24 at 6.55.04 AM.png

Edited by vzex