thirty bees forum

Problem with product URLs

Brian

I edited the format of my product and category urls to remove the id.  Category pages work fine but products return 404.  I have removed duplicate urls, cleared cache, regenerated htaccess, tried with overrides and modules on and off and nothing worked. I have used the updater to check my installation. All the products I checked returned 404. Any ideas?

Not sure if TB supports "ID" to "NOID" redirect for products. Would need to dig into code and/or maybe someone who knows more may answer that.

But I'm not writing here for your problem, but more as a warning:

Read above and then decide if you really want to disable URLs 🙂

Did you set that in SEO and Urls?

image.thumb.png.fd2f55af150ac894ca3d07bbdad2148c.png

http://nemops.com/customize-prestashop-urls/#.XRZgKpNKjUI

Start around 4:41

If it has a * its required.  

This section enables you to change the default pattern of your links. In order to use this functionality, thirty bees' "Friendly URL" option must be enabled, and Apache's URL rewriting module (mod_rewrite) must be activated on your web server.
There are several available keywords for each route listed below; note that keywords with * are required!
To add a keyword in your URL, use the {keyword} syntax. If the keyword is not empty, you can add text before or after the keyword with syntax {prepend:keyword:append}. For example {-hey-:meta_title} will add "-hey-my-title" in the URL if the meta title is set.

Edited by Factor

I edited the format of my product and category urls to remove the id.  Category pages work fine but products return 404.  I have removed duplicate urls, cleared cache, regenerated htaccess, tried with overrides and modules on and off and nothing worked. I have used the updater to check my installation. All the products I checked returned 404. Any ideas?

I tried {category:/}{reference}-{rewrite} and that returns 404.  I also tried {reference}-{rewrite}but when I tried to save it returned the error:

Route "product_rule" with rule: "{reference}-{rewrite}" needs a correct delimiter 

It's also worth noting that it seems that {category:/} is required for product urls.  It would not work without it. The url structure I wanted was {reference}/{rewrite} but I had to use {category:/}{reference}/{rewrite} for it to work.