thirty bees forum

Cron Tasks

AndyC

Hi

I have never bothered with these tasks so not exactly sure how they run.

When I looked into the cron task module it says I must put this string in

* * * * * curl -k "https://www.mywebsite/module/cronjobs/cron?token=%242y%2410%24RiFGy3vb4LZx9vlmsBur7vn7wzKQriFCs1IMtWHSKXDoHlEXVq15K"

I tried to put this into my cron on my hosting site but it fails as my crons are not running from my site so am trying it from my host...

Do I really need this

thanks

Do you have any cron tasks in your cronjobs module? If you do, then you need to setup external cron, otherwise these tasks will never run.

What this external cron setup does is quite simply - it regularly opens specific url on your server, which gives cronjobs module opportunity to execute its tasks. 

Hi

I started off by placing above as a task and in the cron module.. The google module I am using suggested I place a given code to run tasks ,which I did.. I setup each as suggested with months ,days etc and it has never run as far as I could see

This morning I set the google module tasks on my hosting site under their cron, I asked for emails to be sent but have not received any as yet.. I did keep the cron module task active on my website

Edited by AndyC

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing around with crons and I tried running a xml file for1 of my categories for every hour.. So far my Revws runs every hour and all the email says is "Revws" with a heading of Cron

The xml file email brings back the google xml file via email with all products in it .. Does that mean it run successfully.If it has I'll add all 28 to run like this at different hours

Although I have to say the module I bought (Knowband) they have worked bloody hard to get it working as Site ground has been no help with limiting the timeout for scripts