thirty bees forum

PayPal issues + Remove address requirement to check out

bree1818

Question

I'm trying to set up PayPal on my site, and when I'm in Sandbox, it goes to the login screen and tells me my credentials is wrong, but when I input the live API credentials, the PayPal screen pops up, stays blank for a few seconds and then closes again. I've been fiddling with this for hours and just getting frustrated, and very close to just removing TB at this point. Can someone help me with making it so that PayPal will work on my site, then redirect back to a download page?

Also, is there a way to remove the address requirement to checkout? I sell digital files, and couldn't care less about their address.

9 answers to this question

Not that it helps you much, but perhaps it will give piece of mind.  I setup paypal just yesterday on my site and it works just fine. I'm using the standard setup as @lesley is asking about. Make sure you follow the documentation link that shows within the paypal module when you open it in the back office. There are separate keys for sandbox and live and the paypal site tends to push you to the sandbox side if you're not paying attention. Make sure you select the live tab on their site when you need to.

I have Standard and Express enabled. Yesterday it was giving me an error on the standard, but the express wouldn't even load.

I did notice the sandbox and live versions and fixed that. I also clicked the go live in the module configuration, but it's still giving me an error in both Chrome and Edge.