thirty bees forum

In need of much longer order message than core allows

Pedalman

Question

I need to create 6500 chars long order message.

I tried to override ordermessage with an increased max allowed chars but I had to learn that I can only override functions and no definitions.

Can you help me here?

*/
    public static $definition = [
        'table'     => 'order_message',
        'primary'   => 'id_order_message',
        'multilang' => true,
        'fields'    => [
            'date_add' => ['type' => self::TYPE_DATE,                   'validate' => 'isDate'                                           ],
            'name'     => ['type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 128 ],
            'message'  => ['type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isMessage',     'required' => true, 'size' => 6500],
        ],
    ];

Edited by Pedalman

1 answer to this question

16 minutes ago, Pedalman said:

I need to create 6500 chars long order message.

I tried to override ordermessage with an increased max allowed chars but I had to learn that I can only override functions and no definitions.

Can you help me here?

You can override $definition, but only as a whole, which is not ideal.

To do that, simply create file /override/classes/order/OrderMessage.php with this content:

<?php

class OrderMessage extends OrderMessageCore
{
    public static $definition = [
        'table'     => 'order_message',
        'primary'   => 'id_order_message',
        'multilang' => true,
        'fields'    => [
            'date_add' => ['type' => self::TYPE_DATE,                   'validate' => 'isDate'                                           ],
            'name'     => ['type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isGenericName', 'required' => true, 'size' => 128 ],
            'message'  => ['type' => self::TYPE_STRING, 'lang' => true, 'validate' => 'isMessage',     'required' => true, 'size' => 6500],
        ],
    ];
}

Don't forget to delete /cache/class_index.php afterwards.

In this case that's all you need to do. In general, you would also have to adjust database schema to match the object model definition. In future version of thirtybees, core updater will take care of this for you automagically. We are not there yet, unfortunately. 

• Like 1