thirty bees forum

PayPal new user failed to pay

grestart

Question

Hello,
when brand new user (email is not in customers list) try to pay with express payment, he faild. He get JS alert "payment Failure". After that,  client appears on the customer list, and second time he can pay with PayPal expres button. 

One more problem, if customers country is not enabled on TB BO Localization -> Countries, PayPal charge money, and when get back to shop ...module/paypal/incontextconfirm?confirm=1&PayerID=****&paymentID=****  get 500 error, with development mod i get error "throw new PrestaShopException('The delivery address country is not active.');"
so, money charged, but i cant see any order on orders list.

TB 1.1.0 
theme default Niara
PayPal v5.4.3 - by thirty bees
PHP 7.2.21
MySql 5.7.27-30

Edited by grestart

4 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Tuan Pham said:

While I have not fully understood the PayPal module code yet, the following change to the modules/paypal/controllers/front/incontextvalidate.php file fixed the issue for me:

Line 75, change from  

$ppc->id_customer = $this->context->customer->id;

to

$ppc->id_customer = $customer->id;

My guess is that while the module creates the customer record, the customer has not logged in and thus it is not available in the context.

I'd appreciate if thirtybees developers can confirm if my change is good or not.

https://github.com/thirtybees/paypal/commit/781f3ad363df3d1c4968c32d4a73cf9b9bca25d7

10 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Have you tried the prestashop version .. I too was having issues with the TB and found the other and it works very well,even directs you to the right page to get your details

No, i dont, but i thinking about it. If it work well, i will try.

While I have not fully understood the PayPal module code yet, the following change to the modules/paypal/controllers/front/incontextvalidate.php file fixed the issue for me:

Line 75, change from  

$ppc->id_customer = $this->context->customer->id;

to

$ppc->id_customer = $customer->id;

My guess is that while the module creates the customer record, the customer has not logged in and thus it is not available in the context.

I'd appreciate if thirtybees developers can confirm if my change is good or not.

• Like 2