thirty bees forum

Combinations csv only imports first product in each category

alwayspaws

Question

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

@alwayspaws Don't you have to import the products using the product import file and then import the combinations? I don't import combinations so don't know, but looking at the sample combination csv file it looks like the product has to already be in the database.

@jnsgioia - Yesterday I did. Today I deleted all products and combinations & reimported the updated csv's because there were several updates to fix - images, meta tag one character too long, etc. I reindexed, cleared cache, cleared browser cache and restarted the browser.

Today products are not associated to any category after importing products and combinations. Now, admin only shows five products and none are associated with any category. Maybe because I don't have a home category showing in admin?

@spidawebs Here are a few lines that include single and combination products.

014968392494476-6-17-products-few-lines.csv

I think I reimported wrong so will try again but I also need to learn how to do things right, so if there's something wrong with my csv, please let me know.

Thanks for the replies!

@spidawebs said in Combinations csv only imports first product in each category:

@alwayspaws I think the category names need to be in every row. So for product ID 19 for example, put Dog Dresses;Dog Birthdays in every row not just the last one. That's what I do on mine and it works fine.

That sounds great! I don't know why it worked until this a.m. without that.

1. Imported a 75k file for five products. Four singles and one combination.

2. Only one of the four singles showed up on the site.

3. Created new product import csv for just those four products and imported.

4. All four single products show up in the BO but only one still shows up on the site.

Back office - dog treats - first four products:

0_1496845856869_four single products show in BO but not on site.jpg

Site - only one product is showing up:

0_1496846054294_1 of 4 products show on live site.jpg014968463593516-7-17-products-only-4-single-products.csv

I'm testing a product csv that only has four products. Three are not being associated with any category. They should at least be in the dog treats category. One of four products got associated with the correct category.

1. Do I have to create a "home" category in admin? Or what? The screenshot shows there is no default category to select. I can manually select the dog treats category but I need to do this with csv.

2. The categories field shows you can assign multiple categories, so I tried three separated by a comma and no space. Didn't work. Next I tried separating the 3 categories with a space. Didn't work. Next, I tried with only one category and three of my single products are still not correctly associated with any category.

0_1496860218547_products not assigned to any category.jpg

One product shows in admin dog treats category and 3 show in admin home category:

0_1496859647216_1 product shows in admin dog treats category and 3 show in admin home category.jpg

@mdekker @alwayspaws Out of curiousity I checked my catalogs and found that catalogs that have been added to since the fix to the classes/product.php only showed one item. I replaced the file with the old one, did a complete upload of the inventory and now it is as it should be, so it must be a problem with the "fix".

@mdekker https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/compare/99b9484de714a90f801bb363f8cc45ec446f7cf7…f0da5266e8d64d363ac3f9c9afc845f9004bdb9a

It wasn't just the import that was the problem. If I added a product to a category in the back office it deleted all other products from that category. After I replaced the classes/product.php with the old one it now adds the product but doesn't delete the other products in that category.

@jnsgioia thank you so much for this thorough investigation. It was so nice of you to take so much time to do this.

Michael, in my case what do I do to fix this since I apparently have some different coding.

Thanks very much to both of you!

@jnsgioia said in Combinations csv only imports first product in each category:

@mdekker https://github.com/thirtybees/thirtybees/compare/99b9484de714a90f801bb363f8cc45ec446f7cf7…f0da5266e8d64d363ac3f9c9afc845f9004bdb9a

It wasn't just the import that was the problem. If I added a product to a category in the back office it deleted all other products from that category. After I replaced the classes/product.php with the old one it now adds the product but doesn't delete the other products in that category.

What is the date of the classes/product.php you used, please? I'm getting confused between this forum discussion and the one in the bug reports:

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/363/csv-import-categories-bug/22