thirty bees forum

New Sellers

jmeca

Question

Hello: I would like to add new salesmen to my shop, to make like a marketplace, the salesmen have to see only their products and orders, they cannot see the products and orders of the others and I would like it to be about the same shop as an employee.

There is a module in prestashop that does something like this,

https://addons.prestashop.com/es/gestion-pedidos/21331-empleados-como-propietarios-de-productos-y-pedidos.html

Could someone with knowledge adapt it to TB?

I could pay the same price for the module as in ps I also have the module downloaded or I can download it for you to see or use as a sample.

3 answers to this question

(My first post, so be kind).

I am also just getting started creating a marketplace. I am at a very early stage as I am evaluating the best option to proceed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the way I understand your post is that you want is for the salesman to be assigned to the shop rather than the product as seen in the video in your link, I am testing this and see that this behaviour is by default once the salesman logs in. Only products created for that shop is available. Note that it is possible to share products (for example when you created your new store). In this case the salesman can edit the product (The system will issue a warning about the changes being available to everyone).

Also, I noticed that on the admin menu bar, the default store is printed instead of the assigned store. I suppose this is because you can assign more than one store, but then I would have expected a dropdown, like for the SuperAdmin.

On 6/25/2020 at 2:07 PM, Crafter said:

(My first post, so be kind).

I am also just getting started creating a marketplace. I am at a very early stage as I am evaluating the best option to proceed.

Correct me if I am wrong, but the way I understand your post is that you want is for the salesman to be assigned to the shop rather than the product as seen in the video in your link, I am testing this and see that this behaviour is by default once the salesman logs in. Only products created for that shop is available. Note that it is possible to share products (for example when you created your new store). In this case the salesman can edit the product (The system will issue a warning about the changes being available to everyone).

Also, I noticed that on the admin menu bar, the default store is printed instead of the assigned store. I suppose this is because you can assign more than one store, but then I would have expected a dropdown, like for the SuperAdmin.

No, I really want the new salesman/dealer to only be assigned his products and orders and not be able to see/edit the products and orders of other salesmen/dealers in a single or multi-store.

If I already know that the superadmin can limit the view/edit of modules and other components but does not restrict the orders and products to only those he has created, he can see them all.

If this could be fixed it would be a very simple way to create a very powerful and easy to manage marketplace that would help many small merchants to access e-commerce through others and not just sell on Amazon that takes a good peak of commissions on each sale.

I could do it myself because I already have sellers and products to put and surely you could also do it and help other merchants who do not have the knowledge.

Logically it would take some expense for the sellers, but I would personally settle for 1/3 of what Amazon charges.