thirty bees forum

PayPal Errors

AndyC

Hi Am in desperate help now

My PayPal keeps failing transactions with customers. I've now tried both TB and Prestashop and both have issues with receiving money

Last 3 orders and 3 errors forcing me to have to send PayPal invoices and a few have not bothered to carry on so am loosing precious sales 

I have checked logs and there is nothing showing up as to what may be causing it. The actual order still goes though but just fails on payment

Any help would be appreciated please. I don't know if anyone else is having issues with these modules 

Am using the latest bleeding edge and prestashop PayPal module v3.14.2

Edit I was looking though everything to see if I could find something. On the payment email I found this error message.. Customer does fill in a country which has a ISO code against it

PayPal response:TIMESTAMP -> 2020-06-17T17:25:40ZL_ERRORCODE0 -> 10731L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Invalid DataL_LONGMESSAGE0 -> 
There's an error with this transaction. Please enter a country in the shipping address.L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Server information

Server information Linux #1 SMP Wed Aug 14 08:29:59 EDT 2019 x86_64

Server software version LiteSpeed

PHP version 7.2.29

Memory limit 512M

Max execution time 240

Database information

MySQL version 10.4.13-MariaDB

MySQL server localhost

MySQL name ?????????_?????????

MySQL user ????????????????????

Tables prefix tb_

MySQL engine InnoDB

MySQL driver DbPDO

Capture.JPG

Edited by AndyC

mmmm It seems to accept United Kingdom only. Now that I have looked back though paypal orders Scotland and Wales fail all the time.. Wonder if paypal only accepts United Kingdom as a country as in theory Wales & Scotland aren't really countries as such

3 minutes ago, AndyC said:

mmmm It seems to accept United Kingdom only. Now that I have looked back though paypal orders Scotland and Wales fail all the time.. Wonder if paypal only accepts United Kingdom as a country as in theory Wales & Scotland aren't really countries as such

Careful there, you will start a riot 🙂

They are 100 % countries

But yes, you are now on track. Something to do with PayPal and ISO codes if memory serves. 

lol ,yes they are countries but they under the United kingdom 🙂 umbrella so to speak  .. I've had them set up as countries to try and split the list up of counties as it get long if it is all under United Kingdom.

If I change them all to United kingdom the counties list get long, which I have tried to avoid.

Is there no way to remove them and make the customer type in their own state

Edited by AndyC

I seeeeeee , by turning off states it is no longer required.. Wonder if there is a way to add another text box for state

I am using the 5 page turned into 3 page checkout as chex doesn't work on my site yet, it keeps on giving wrong prices due to my extra pay attributes. I hope 1 day it will be fix so I can use it as it is just another defunct module I paid for but can't use

Don't know. There is an "other" field but I don;t want to play on my live site to see what it does. But why do you want "State / County" our customers don't miss it. And we don't need it and our couriers dont need it

image.thumb.png.90482b8ba9b17273d05e6486258e9869.png

I've tried other and nothing shows up 😞 ..Even cleared cache. Don't blame you for not wanting to medal it just asks for problems

I have to fill in Counties when I have to order from the factory that makes my products.. It's a pain always having to look it up

Yes I did have 🙂  as that's how it was when I used Zencart and never had any issues.. I've moved them all over to United Kingdom now to see how it goes

State drop down is so old school now ,I can't remember the last time I used it on a website

Edited by AndyC

14 minutes ago, haylau said:

We used to use craftyclicks which populated the address for the customer - but there is a small ongoing cost with that. 

Yes, I thought you used that..

Edited by AndyC