thirty bees forum

Do you use an order management system for your daily drive? which one?

eikichiz

Do you use a product and or order management system for your daily drive?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a product and or order management system for your daily drive?

• Yes, I have high volumes and I need automation
    • No, I have high volumes but I'm good without it
    • Yes, I have middle or low volume, but I still need automation
    • No, I have middle or low volume, but I'm good without it
    • No at the moment, but looking for one in the future

Hi everyone!, I'm doing a side project about an generic order management system with thirtybees compatibility, it has some features at the moment, but it will require more investment to get something in production.

So, before throwing more of my limited time at it, I would like to know if merchants or agencies have interest in it.

Edited by eikichiz

7 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

For me it's always very difficult to answer a question like: Do you use an "OMS", "ERP", "CRM" or whatever. I think in functions/features.

In general we try to automate a lot of stuff...

Yeah, you are right, not every OMS are the same.

For example, how do deal when an order arrives? print the order detail list and do the pickup?.

Wouldn't it better to have an mobile app or interface that can show the order detail with its combination pictures, its location sorted, so you have to travel less?, then just a few click in the same app and the order changes states from picking to packing.

After that, how do you synchronize the stock from the ERP and thirtybees*? manual CVS export? wouldn't it better to have some scheduled task that compares the current stock in your ERP and do the update via Http post to TB webservice?

*I'm assuming that nobody does billing with TB and ends up using an ERP.

Edited by eikichiz

We use our own module that combines multiple orders and create picking lists with it. It's quite a complex stuff, cause we try to minimize the picking meters. We pick with a smartphone, that has a special scanner inbuilt.

But ok I guess nobody else here is doing it like we do 😅

1 minute ago, wakabayashi said:

We use our own module that combines multiple orders and create picking lists with it. It's quite a complex stuff, cause we try to minimize the picking meters. We pick with a smartphone, that has a special scanner inbuilt.

But ok I guess nobody else here is doing it like we do 😅

Actually that is what I have in my mind with the app hahaha

Edited by eikichiz
  • Like 1

We do use Store manager to handle products. For order management we have customized an order management module.

The picking is where we right now are trying to optimize. We print delivery notes with locations and then pick by that. 

We have tested a lot of different picking modules but none seem to have what we need. The best solution would have been an app sorted by warehouse location.