thirty bees forum

Where are the Open Graph settings?

mbc_3

Question

I'm running into an issue where Twitter cards for my products aren't displaying the product image.

I looked at the HTML for the product page and I saw the open graph tags (ie, og: type, og: title, og: image), so I know they exist and are being generated. The og: image code doesn't appear to be pulling the correct image for my product, explaining my issue. However, I can't find the .tpl file that generates this code, and I've looked everywhere. Does anyone know how thirty bees generates open graph tags for products?

6 answers to this question

8 hours ago, datakick said:

Thank you so much! This is exactly where it is.

One other question: so the reason Twitter card images are not working is because this module is pulling the wrong Image URL: I'm using the Niara theme, but it's generating a URL from the /30-large_default directory instead of /30-Niara_large, where my product images are:

{if isset($link_rewrite) && isset($cover) && isset($cover.id_image)}
<meta property="og:image" content="{$link->getImageLink($link_rewrite, $cover.id_image, large_default)}" />
{/if}

I'm new to Thirty Bees and I'm not sure what to change - my  gut is telling me large_default should be replaced with Niara_large - is that right? Also, is there somewhere else I should report this issue? I'm sure other people have run into the socialsharing module not generating Twitter card images for their products if they're using the Niara theme.

6 hours ago, mbc_3 said:

I'm new to Thirty Bees and I'm not sure what to change - my  gut is telling me large_default should be replaced with Niara_large - is that right? Also, is there somewhere else I should report this issue? I'm sure other people have run into the socialsharing module not generating Twitter card images for their products if they're using the Niara theme.

Hello. I'm using Niara theme and my og:image seems to be right, with Niara_large.

Maybe it is fixed in the last versions. You could (and should, in fact) upgrade you shop to bleeding edge, this is the last 1.1.x.

And there is thirtybees' github:

https://github.com/thirtybees/

Good luck.

Also, in regards to my original issue, replacing "large_default" with "Niara_large" in the og:image tag in /modules/socialsharing/views/template/hooks/socialsharing_header.tpl fixed my issue, and now product images are displayed on Twitter cards.

Upgrading to 1.1.x did not fix this without this edit, so I'll open up an issue on Github. Thanks to everyone for helping me solve this!