thirty bees forum

How and when to apply updates to thirty bees?

alwayspaws

Question

Is this page always kept updated? https://thirtybees.com/updates/

I’m in a quandary as to when to update what, except for when it’s shown in admin.

Asking because there are posts that discuss updates all the time (big thank you to the team!) and many reference github. I never know whether to go to github or somewhere here.

(I was going to add this to @Havouza post but it was marked solved)

8 answers to this question

Actually I saw such questions coming, so I wrote an updater module over the last few weeks. This allows not only to update from version to version, but also to Git branches (where development happens) and every single Git commit. This way one can always stay up to date. Daily, if you wish.

To not mess things up, it also allows rollbacks. Rollbacks restore the store to the previous state.

The only thing currently holding me back from publishing this module is the lack of a thirty bees module store. Which means, I have to set up my own store, which takes a while (Germany with their Abmahnungen).

@Traumflug said in How and when to apply updates to thirty bees?:

Actually I saw such questions coming, so I wrote an updater module over the last few weeks. This allows not only to update from version to version, but also to Git branches (where development happens) and every single Git commit. This way one can always stay up to date. Daily, if you wish.

Perfect!

To not mess things up, it also allows rollbacks. Rollbacks restore the store to the previous state.

Also perfect!

The only thing currently holding me back from publishing this module is the lack of a thirty bees module store. Which means, I have to set up my own store

This is perfect for thirtybees! I don’t think you need to set up your own store. I’ll get on this with my influence. :)

I said - for a while, so, as it seems to me (non-developer) while there's no market, it is good time to polish the module, get a feedbacks, functionality proposals, and after market got functional to issue let's say two versions of module: one free of charge with reduced functionality, another - paid, full-function.

It just IMHO, so if my post offend you - i'm sorry