thirty bees forum

Prices Drop & Best Sales SEO Links - Value?

dprophitjr

@lesley no you use the Preferences => SEO URLS and top right, select Add New Page. Make sure that prices-drop isn't already created. OR edit the existing one with your chosen rewrite url down below.

First selection is the page. So create a rewrite url for page of prices-drop with rewrite value of whatever you want ... could be on-sale even as the url! Repeat for others like best sales, new products.

Search for blocktopnav in admin upper left. When you get to that menu, select custom link. Add label and link. The link value would be like /on-sale. Let me know if that helps you, @alwayspaws

@dprophitjr I was actually talking about something different. Most of our clients do not like the stock generated pages for those two pages. They like creating categories where they can associate what they want seen on those pages. That is why we redirect them. Sometimes bestsellers are not really what sells best, it might be what a shop wants to move most. Same with the specials. That is why we do them that way normally.

@lesley said in Prices Drop & Best Sales SEO Links - Value?:

@dprophitjr I was actually talking about something different. Most of our clients do not like the stock generated pages for those two pages. They like creating categories where they can associate what they want seen on those pages. That is why we redirect them. Sometimes bestsellers are not really what sells best, it might be what a shop wants to move most. Same with the specials. That is why we do them that way normally.

Interesting! We did that too, for some time. But in general we don't work a lot with special prices.

It would not be a bad idea actually, it would just need some work figuring out how to best logically handle it in the back office ie where to put the controller so people could find it easily and not make the interface overly confusing.

@lesley Featured is pretty generic atm. I think you can only feature a category ID to frontpage. Best Sellers logic should algorithm review count + total purchases as social proof. Maybe even have the value of total sold and total reviews. I wish we could use bootstrap 4 alpha cards. Those are so slick!

@lesley Product keywords come to mind too. At least for content type featured. Think of holiday keywords that could be switched out to dynamically display featured items related to Summer Solstice, Autumn, "Back To School". =)

Maybe even a mixture of keywords, margin, etc.

We cannot afford the time to do that. You are taking a 4 hour project and converting it in to a 40 hour project that would serve a very small market of people. That would best be done in a mobile to see if it is a viable solution that people would actually want. I think there are a lot of higher priority items.