thirty bees forum

In Stock notification list?

bhtoys

Question

Is there some way to view how many people are waiting for an item to become in stock again? Or who is on the list awaiting the stock update?
Image attached for what I'm talking about. 

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where to put it. 

image.jpg.122efb85d593858c5f3ba82e33953909.jpg

6 answers to this question

Its possible but you will have to code it your self.

mailalerts module keeps records of customer/email address who are waiting for products to be back in stock... inside mailalert_customer_oos table.

you can create yourself a small module with some hook that matches product page (displayLeftColumnProduct,displayRightColumnProduct,actionProductOutOfStock,displayProductButtons), or some new custom hook (and edit product.tpl file).

OR you can override front/ProductController and add extra context (and edit product.tpl file).

you can use getCustomers() function inside module class to fetch all emails awaits notification regarding certain product.

Edited by yaniv14
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, yaniv14 said:

Its possible but you will have to code it your self.

...and that ends that. 😉 I have zero knowledge of how to do that, and don't want to risk screwing up my site just to find out how many people are awaiting an item to come into stock. 
Thanks for your input however! 

1 hour ago, Traumflug said:

One can also allow ordering of out-of-stock products. Preferences -> Products -> bottom panel.

Can't do that as I don't know when the products would be back in stock. Some items I haven't had again in a year. 

If its only for your information than you can create sql query in Advanced parameters -> SQL Manager.

select customer_email, id_product, id_product_attribute from tb_mailalert_customer_oos

and you just view it on the admin page.

it will show you: Email address, Product ID and Product attribute ID.

p.s. in case you have other db prefix (like "ps") then you should use "ps_mailalert_customer_oos"

Edited by yaniv14