thirty bees forum

Theme issues and or new theme recommendations...

Billy

In searching around I don't see a lot of (New) Thirty Bees third party themes available. What are some great themes I can purchase with TB support?

---

Also I have a decent theme that I have worked on for years from Plaza-Themes aka PosThemes called Sahara but for the life of me I can't get it to work on TB.

It must be in the .xml file not setting blocks right as I am coming over from presta 1.6.1.10 and it has no idea about all the TB modules names.

I love this old theme but must admit it's whooping my ass.

Edit my bad: Please move to the themes section. It's been a long day.

Edited by Script-Fu

If you have a budget of time / skill / money to offer, or maybe just want to wait and see, you could ask this person how far he got  - I would be interested to know!

Otherwise, I hack Niara theme and have relatively few files to rescue after a theme update. The updater provides a list of manually changed files that you might want to rescue and keeps them somewhere.

I've just searched the Prestashop 1.7 demo site for "template" and "CSS" to find nothing.

TB lets you choose a template file for a particular product or purpose from the back office, and keep an edited one in a safe templates folder that doesn't get updated. You can even edit from the backoffice using an extra DH42 module, or just use cpanel pr FTP.

BackOffice > Preferences > custom code > add css to your pages ...
adds whatever css to every page of the site so you can right-click a bit of theme you don't want, right click again to choose "copy selector", and add that css with {display: none} after it to the "add css to your pages box". The css survives theme updates. 

I have posted a way of simplifying one page checkout this way under "tips and tricks" - this one

Edited by veganline

On 8/5/2021 at 9:54 PM, 30knees said:

A lot of people here use Panda theme and are happy with it: https://www.sunnytoo.com/product/panda-creative-responsive-prestashop-theme

You need V1.5.3 For TB.

Then there's also the Niara community theme, which is also recommended (and is the default theme, I believe).

Yep I was checking that theme out based on some other posts here. However I seen where it was having some problems with the slider part. IE: either making clicks or not when in the cart. Something like that...

Ty for the post and version number!

On 8/6/2021 at 12:41 AM, SLiCK_303 said:

I use a modified version of the default community theme, has always worked well for me.

Thank brother Slick! I was looking at that one as well. I think it's only three products wide tho on my side when viewing category pages. Certainly something I can customize on my end like you said.

On 8/6/2021 at 12:41 AM, SLiCK_303 said:

I use a modified version of the default community theme, has always worked well for me.

Also in going back thru this thread I took a look at your site. That's nice customization work. The main menu is on the front page. Which I personally prefer over the whole magazine crap thing. I mean I'm there to shop not look at your vomit all over the front page.

Hi @Script-Fu,

I started looking into the design of a new theme for thirtybees several months ago. Attached is part of a concept design called 'Orchid' (named after a beautiful, colourful bee found in Mexico).

The difficulty lies in my reliance on others with the skill to implement the theme.

My understanding is that the core team is very busy and cannot spare the time to focus on a new theme right now, and while others were kindly willing to get involved, the project lacked a decision maker. Many people, many ideas, but who should decide which route to take.

If I had the skills and experience, I would gladly build the theme myself, but my coding ability doesn't stretch that far and my knowledge of thirtybees even less.

On top of this, I understand that it is the view of the core team that a free theme should not be overshadowing the work of those who (do and could) develop (paid) themes for thirtybees as this may be off-putting to them and may hurt thirtybees in the long run, which makes sense. Perhaps the community could work on a paid theme... I don't know...

I am currently working on other projects, but if, in the future, the right support is there, I'll gladly do my bit to help.

orchid-tb-theme.png

orchid-top.png

Edited by jollyfrog
  • Like 1