thirty bees forum

How did you arrive here at Thirty Bees? Tell your story!

alwayspaws

I found @lesley's free ADD THIS module on 12-5-2016 and registered for his dh42 newsletter. On Feb 8, 2017, I received his newsletter with the subject: "Announcing thirty bees, a faster more stable ecommerce platform based off of PrestaShop". Thank you, Lesley!

I registered with thirty bees, saved my creds in my password vault along with a note that said: "For better ways to develop your website!"

and the rest is history! :)

Searching for a fix for the PrestaShop plain text email password issue! :(

Always got frustrated with PS problems and lost motivation several times over the years since I already had a working non PS site.

Seems I was searching more for PS fixes or how to remove all the distracting adverts in BO than actually getting it live.

Things have changed!

Thanks TB crew!

PS Plus as a beekeeper I like the name ? What's the story behind the thirty bees name choice? I have a feeling it's coder related and not beekeeping :)

@mdekker said in How did you arrive here at Thirty Bees? Tell your story!:

lol, so my (angry) post had some use :P

Yeah, the module never really worked on 1.7. I can remember how the first 1.7.0.x couldn't even accept payments directly (set to Payment accepted status would crash the Front Office). It looks like it runs a lot better on thirty bees though ^^

I have not migrate yet, but I am here also because that post hahaha

I found this via both NemoPS and DH42 blogs, which I count as trusted sources of material. The big surprise for me on PrestaShop was needing to use Google Translate to actually find fixes to problems as there's a lot of it in European languages. Due to this I got to following certain people and searching to see if they'd posted solutions, which is how I wound up on their blogs :)

I got interested in TB because PrestaShop 1.7 looks like a flop, Magento 2 CE is still in development and then features I want are going to be in the EE paid version only (I can well see Magento 2 CE falling to the wayside as the CE/EE diverge) and basically PrestaShop 1.6 is rubbish compared to Magento 1. If it wasn't for TB I'd have talked my boss into ditching PrestaShop in favour of Magento 1 and see where we'd be in 2019. Given what is available on the market I fully believe TB could replace Magento CE 1&2 and PrestaShop for the SMB.

I've not migrated our 3 stores yet, they're stuck in limbo on PrestaShop 1.6.1.6, 1.6.1.10 and 1.6.1.12 as I can't upgrade all 3 to 1.12 due to the stupid 1-click upgrade module (1.13+ there's been a lot of stuff broken that I need). I tested out a migrate, which went horribly wrong and so I'm waiting on 1.0.2 to try again. I expect to have both my 1.6.1.6 and 1.6.1.10 stores over on TB before Christmas with my 1.6.1.12 store migrated around March.

@DavidP said in How did you arrive here at Thirty Bees? Tell your story!:

I found this via both NemoPS and DH42 blogs, which I count as trusted sources of material. The big surprise for me on PrestaShop was needing to use Google Translate to actually find fixes to problems as there's a lot of it in European languages. Due to this I got to following certain people and searching to see if they'd posted solutions, which is how I wound up on their blogs :)

I got interested in TB because PrestaShop 1.7 looks like a flop, Magento 2 CE is still in development and then features I want are going to be in the EE paid version only (I can well see Magento 2 CE falling to the wayside as the CE/EE diverge) and basically PrestaShop 1.6 is rubbish compared to Magento 1. If it wasn't for TB I'd have talked my boss into ditching PrestaShop in favour of Magento 1 and see where we'd be in 2019. Given what is available on the market I fully believe TB could replace Magento CE 1&2 and PrestaShop for the SMB.

I've not migrated our 3 stores yet, they're stuck in limbo on PrestaShop 1.6.1.6, 1.6.1.10 and 1.6.1.12 as I can't upgrade all 3 to 1.12 due to the stupid 1-click upgrade module (1.13+ there's been a lot of stuff broken that I need). I tested out a migrate, which went horribly wrong and so I'm waiting on 1.0.2 to try again. I expect to have both my 1.6.1.6 and 1.6.1.10 stores over on TB before Christmas with my 1.6.1.12 store migrated around March.

@DavidP Hi and Welcome to #thirtybees!

Yes, @Nemo and @lesley (DH42) are very trusted, very technically knowledgeable and very helpful people, along with @mdekker @Traumflug @wakabayashi and more!

I can't name everyone, but we're a great team of developers, module makers and merchants who all agree with your thoughts to one degree or another. For me, 100% against Magento (Nov 2015 failed site) and PS after two failed attempts to launch my website, which I began in November 2015. Yes, 2015!

Only after arriving at thirty bees, do I actually have a fully operational website. Since I've only worked on it for a few months, there are many things I need to learn, study and become aware of.

That's where the people of thirty bees come in. You have a question? They HAVE the answer! And if they don't, they make it their business to find out.

For that reason, I am again mentioning some people and adding more who have helped me overcome difficulties during such times that I become overwhelmed. Their encouragement, helpfulness, friendliness and knowledge are amazing!

Thank you, first to @DavidP for his wonderful synopsis of why he's here, which matches many, most, or all of us.

Thank you (in no particular order!) to @mdekker @lesley @wakabayashi @Havouza @jnsgioia @Nemo @Traumflug @roband7 @vzex @twistcapmedia @dynambee @spidawebs

If I forgot anyone, I'll thank you soon.

@vzex said in How did you arrive here at Thirty Bees? Tell your story!:

Searching for a fix for the PrestaShop plain text email password issue! :(

Always got frustrated with PS problems and lost motivation several times over the years since I already had a working non PS site.

Seems I was searching more for PS fixes or how to remove all the distracting adverts in BO than actually getting it live.

Things have changed!

Thanks TB crew!

PS Plus as a beekeeper I like the name ? What's the story behind the thirty bees name choice? I have a feeling it's coder related and not beekeeping :)

Thank you for sharing. Things sure have changed!

@jnsgioia said in How did you arrive here at Thirty Bees? Tell your story!:

I was using MDekker's stripe module on my PS 1.7 site (which I was having some issues with) and saw a reference to TB on the PS forum when he said he wouldn't be supporting the module there anymore so I went looking for it.

It's amazing but terrific how we have all gathered here! PS 1.7 has brought a lot of issues to merchants that we can do without. Thanks for looking for @mdekker's module!

Yeah, the module never really worked on 1.7. I can remember how the first 1.7.0.x couldn't even accept payments directly (set to Payment accepted status would crash the Front Office). It looks like it runs a lot better on thirty bees though ^^

I'd like to see that (angry) :( post! :) You're very useful, Michael, which is why we keep you around. lol!

Everything runs better on thirty bees!

@rubben1985 said in How did you arrive here at Thirty Bees? Tell your story!:

I have not migrate yet, but I am here also because that post hahaha

That's wonderful, @rubben1985 I'm sure the more you hang out here, the more you'll want to migrate. :)