thirty bees forum

1.3 installation: Table 'xxxx_attribute' doesn't exist

led24ee

Question

I'm trying to install 1.3 but (PHP 8.1) there is error message SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'xxxx_attribute' doesn't exist. Any suggestion how to force install to create this table ? I've tried more than 10 times. Always the same result. So far i tried:

multiple times

upload again all files via ftp (maybe there was error when uploading files to server) and then start install process again

Any suggestion ?

5 answers to this question

4 hours ago, datakick said:

TB is not compatible with PHP 8 yet.

The work on compatiblity is in progress, though. Hopefully the next version 1.4 will be fully php8 compatible. Until then, php 7.4 it is.

Damn it. I spend almost whole night to find this out. Can You next time put this kind info with BIG LETTERS somewhere in the beginning ? Why ? Because I found Your letter almost year ago, that this issue will be fixed and I think that it is done. Also my host offers PHP 7.4 and I have no idea how long this will be. Last year was also 5.6, but now this isn't available anymore. Do You have any clue when this PHP8 version is ready ? Year ? Month ? Day ? Something else ?

Thank you

1 hour ago, led24ee said:

Damn it. I spend almost whole night to find this out. Can You next time put this kind info with BIG LETTERS somewhere in the beginning ?

It's specified in the system requirements: PHP 5.6 - PHP 7.4 with a minimum of 128 MiB RAM

I guess it is a good idea to add a runtime check into the application, though. To prevent even starting thirtybees / installation process on non-compatible php version.

1 hour ago, led24ee said:

Do You have any clue when this PHP8 version is ready ? Year ? Month ? Day ? Something else ?

We plan for 2 releases per year. The next one will be out in about 5 months. 

I can't promise that the php8 support will be part of it, though. It's not an easy task, considering we want to keep system compatible. The problem is that php8 comes with new reserved class name 'Attribute', but thirty bees / prestashop used this name for years already. 

Prestashop solved this problem by simply renaming the class in the core, so it's no longer named Attribute. The problem is that this does not fixes issues with any modules that might be using this standard class. We want to come up with a slightly better solution, but it's also little bit complicated to implement. 

2 hours ago, datakick said:

Prestashop solved this problem by simply renaming the class in the core, so it's no longer named Attribute. The problem is that this does not fixes issues with any modules that might be using this standard class. We want to come up with a slightly better solution, but it's also little bit complicated to implement. 

Well You can't make things compatible each other forever. But other side if there will be some clever solution then it is useful next time too in case some next PHP version will create similar problem.

About this PHP 8. I have heard this long time and was sure there will be no problem. I try to pay more attention.

Edited by led24ee

Using 1.3 in php 7.4. fresh install stopped at 75%

1. SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'xxx.tb_attribute' doesn't exist

Screenshot2024-02-16at19-14-46rubijoux.de_localhost_serviettephpMyAdmin5.2.1.png.b76bd201efcd05bc852dea54a0ae99a5.png

But it does it exist, inserted due to the error. What could that be? VPS not shared.  Ubuntu 20.4

Edited by nickz