thirty bees forum

Prestashop 1.6.24 migration question

Ian Ashton

Question

This is my first Thirty Bees post. I've arrived here as once again my ISP is forcing me to move to PHP 7.4 and a move to Thirty Bees was suggested by someone in the Prestashop forum - rather than continually trying to manually fix 1.6.24.

So I'm trying a migration from my Prestashop installation to ThirtyBees and  I've set up a test site to try this on. This is running PHP 7.4.

I've got as far as installing TB 1.0.8 following the migration guidelines. On running the Core Updater to move the installation

on to TB 1.3 I get the 'You have local changes' message ( attached ). However there's nothing under the headings

'Changed Files', 'Missing Files', 'Extra Files' so I'm not sure which are the problem files.

Confession - my version of Prestashop 1.6.24 was created from the released version and modified to work under PHP 7.2 by manually incorporating the mods from GITHUB to make 1.6.24 PHP 7.2 compatible - https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop-1.6/pull/4

It looks like these mods were going to be incorporated into a 1.6.25 release which never happened.

Is this what's causing the Core Updater message?

Should I revert to a 'vanilla' 1.6.24 and do the migration again?

If I simply reinstated the changed files ( which I saved before updating ) would this be enough for TB Core Updater to work?

ThirtyBeesMessage.jpg

7 answers to this question

The TB migration process on the website upgrades to 1.0.8 first of all. 

While migration is already finished at this point, the next few steps are likely always the same:

• Uninstall the migration module, psonesixmigrator.
  • Install thirty bees’ update module, tbupdater.
  • Update all the modules in need of an update, one by one. Boring, but necessary.
  • Install Core Updater (coreupdater), thirty bees’ next generation updater.
  • Use Core Updater to update thirty bees further. Migration module updates to thirty bees 1.0.8 only, then Core Updater takes over.

I'm at the Core Updater step.

I don't know the answer, but it is worth looking in the admin directory of the new site, using Cpanel, for files saved by the updater. 
Earlier versions of the updater saved as a file called something like
admin/CoreUpdaterBackup-2020-06-03--10-13-48
The latest versions save as a directory called something like
admin/backups/coreupdater/20220224144914

Some of the stuff in my directory was just saved error logs. Other stuff was changes I made to the theme, pre-update, but not written as over-ride files.

If there is anything you want to re-use like something in the theme file, in Cpanel you can click on its long file name like
admin/backups/coreupdater/20211011134813/themes/yourtheme/product.tpl and copy it to themes/yourtheme where it will replace the standard product.tpl file.
Other stuff, I hope, does not matter. You might see a copy of your github patches in there.

error_log in the root directory of the site is worth a look.

Lastly, if you ever want a quick test website without your old content, you've quite likely seen that Installatron and Softaculous on the Cpanel can both install Thirtybees very quickly. Fantastico didn't have it at the last look. If your host uses Installatron or Softaculous this is good news. If your host uses Fantastico, you could suggest the addition to Fantastico.

Edited by veganline

I've a local version of my shop and am trying to test the ThirtyBees migrate module on it to see if I can get past the problem above.

Loaded the migration module OK ( version 2.1) but

After configuring it I get

Going to migrate to thirty bees version: Nothing available

Under the Migrate button.

I was expecting to see 

Going to migrate to thirty bees version: 1.0.8

Obviously I've made a mistake somewhere but can't spot it. 

8 hours ago, Ian Ashton said:

I've a local version of my shop and am trying to test the ThirtyBees migrate module on it to see if I can get past the problem above.

Loaded the migration module OK ( version 2.1) but

After configuring it I get

Going to migrate to thirty bees version: Nothing available

Under the Migrate button.

I was expecting to see 

Going to migrate to thirty bees version: 1.0.8

Obviously I've made a mistake somewhere but can't spot it. 

This won't help you with your migration the way you're going, but I did this a couple years ago and did get it to successfully migrate but there was still a bunch of buginess from old code in there. Within the year I ended up just spinning up a fresh TB store and then using a data migrator module to copy over my theme and customizations to the new TB store. It ended up working pretty flawlessly and got rid of a ton of old code that was causing issues.