thirty bees forum

Creating Forms

adamh

Question

8 answers to this question

On 5/31/2022 at 8:37 PM, adamh said:

Anyone aware of a module that can be used to create forms for TB? 

Hi,

what type of form, where and for what purpose?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

quel type de formulaire, à quel endroit et pour quel usage ?

8 hours ago, Mediacom87 said:

Hi,

what type of form, where and for what purpose?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bonjour,

quel type de formulaire, à quel endroit et pour quel usage ?

I was just interested if there was a module to create forms of any type. I come from a WP + Elementor background so I was looking for what type of options are available to me. I see that because TB is a folk of PS, often their modules will work on TB. One of the things that put me off PS was that everything costs usually in the £60+ range. Don't get me wrong, premium WP plugins costs as well but there are also free ones which is good. 

6 minutes ago, adamh said:

premium WP plugins costs as well but there are also free ones which is good

We agree, except that thirtybees is only used by merchants, whose only goal is to earn money with their site, so it does not seem shocking to me to pay developers who offer quality modules and support, because if the module has a problem it wastes time and money to its user, which is, in my opinion, a major difference with the Wordpress universe.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nous sommes bien d'accord, sauf que thirtybees ne sert qu'à des commerçants, dont le seul but est de gagner de l'argent avec leur site, donc, cela ne me semble pas choquant de rétribuer les développeurs qui proposent des modules de qualité et un support, car si le module rencontre un souci cela fait perdre du temps et de l'argent à son utilisateur, ce qui est, à mon sens une différence majeur avec l'univers Wordpress.

2 minutes ago, Mediacom87 said:

We agree, except that thirtybees is only used by merchants, whose only goal is to earn money with their site, so it does not seem shocking to me to pay developers who offer quality modules and support, because if the module has a problem it wastes time and money to its user, which is, in my opinion, a major difference with the Wordpress universe.

---------------------------------------------------------

Nous sommes bien d'accord, sauf que thirtybees ne sert qu'à des commerçants, dont le seul but est de gagner de l'argent avec leur site, donc, cela ne me semble pas choquant de rétribuer les développeurs qui proposent des modules de qualité et un support, car si le module rencontre un souci cela fait perdre du temps et de l'argent à son utilisateur, ce qui est, à mon sens une différence majeur avec l'univers Wordpress.

Completely Agree - I support developers and their work. I don't want to go into to much detail as to why I am here, but I am testing TB with a view to offering it out to my customer base, thus supporting TB and its community of developers.

I love the platform, sometimes you need to give a little though to capture the customer and giving a free plugin here and there wins the customer over, then later they may require a paid plugin or a more advanced one

The problem we find with WP is that for some people, it's just to complicated - then we lose customers and they go to online platforms that charge monthly fee's ....  we often see them again second time round when they come back 🙂 

1 minute ago, adamh said:

Completely Agree - I support developers and their work. I don't want to go into to much detail as to why I am here, but I am testing TB with a view to offering it out to my customer base, thus supporting TB and its community of developers.

I love the platform, sometimes you need to give a little though to capture the customer and giving a free plugin here and there wins the customer over, then later they may require a paid plugin or a more advanced one

The problem we find with WP is that for some people, it's just to complicated - then we lose customers and they go to online platforms that charge monthly fee's ....  we often see them again second time round when they come back 🙂 

There was no criticism in my words, but just a clarification for some who would read this topic.

I propose free modules since always, between insult and criticism I preferred to give up the effort on some modules, because the donations and small gestures are very very rare.

But I do not despair and I try to offer simplified versions of my modules for free when possible to find time to make a more complete and paid version, but it is often complex since developments on a trading platform like thirtybees requires a greater investment than some paid modules on WordPress

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Il n'y avait aucune critique dans mes propos, mais juste une clarification pour certains qui liraient ce topic.

Je propose des modules gratuits depuis toujours, entre insulte et critique j'ai préféré abandonner l'effort sur certains modules, car les donations et petits gestes sont trsè très très rares.

Mais je ne désespère pas et j'essaye de proposer des versions simplifiées de mes modules gratuitement lorsque cela est possible pour trouver le temps de faire une version plus complète et payante, mais c'est souvent complexe puisque les développements sur une plateforme de commerce comme thirtybees demande un investissement plus important que certains modules payants sur WordPress

• Thanks 1

On 6/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, adamh said:

Yep can agree on this 1.. Been trying to build a website with WP and it is just so much going on . Problem is there is nothing else that has free options. I am thinking of starting a new site with TB but not sure how to go about it 

42 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Yep can agree on this 1.. Been trying to build a website with WP and it is just so much going on . Problem is there is nothing else that has free options. I am thinking of starting a new site with TB but not sure how to go about it 

Whatever CMS you choose, the best way is to install it and torture it in all directions to understand what you can do with it.

If you have a specific project, you can start with TB to test your need and understand all the interest you can get from it.

--------------------------------------------------

Quel que soit le CMS choisi, le meilleur moyen est de l'installer et de le torturer dans tous les sens pour comprendre ce que l'on peut faire avec.

Si vous avez un projet précis, vous pouvez commencer avec TB pour tester votre besoin et comprendre tout l'intérêt que vous pourrez en retirer.