thirty bees forum

prestashop 8

AndyC

Hi,

the update module has just been released yesterday.

Moreover, version 8 is cleaned from all commercial modules and forced advertising of PrestaShop and therefore, becomes a real open source project https://www.prestashop-project.org/

Except, that PrestaShop is going to propose its custom bundle with all its commercial offers including all the latest modules they develop by subscription system, the first one being PS Metrics.

PrestaShop's argument is that anyone could create their own bundle and sell it as they want, except that their whole system is as poorly documented as the rest.

The PrestaShop community applauds with both hands, without realizing that PrestaShop will eat their fingers one by one.

@AndyC They say it's the final release: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/releases

@Mediacom87I'm not against a reasonable subscription model. I think it's probably necessary for many platforms to survive. For example, I'd be happy to stay and pay monthly for tb if essential modules such as shipping, payment, marketplaces, etc would be maintained. But whether Prestashop's subscription model will be reasonable is another question.

Edited by 30knees

26 minutes ago, 30knees said:

@Mediacom87I'm not against a reasonable subscription model. I think it's probably necessary for many platforms to survive. For example, I'd be happy to stay and pay monthly for tb if essential modules such as shipping, payment, marketplaces, etc would be maintained. But whether Prestashop's subscription model will be reasonable is another question.

The system is based on a subscription per module.

Currently, they propose to some developers with bestsellers on Addons to integrate this system.

image.thumb.png.645775cb11a6189b09a779d92ba32c80.png

Edited by Mediacom87
  • Thanks 1