thirty bees forum

What is the function of the trigger controller?

musicmaster

What is the function of the triggercontroller?

When I load a product page I see that a call is made to index.php?controller=trigger&ts=1677152722

What is returned is {"status":"failed","error":"Forbidden"}

When I look into the source code I see something about a scheduler but that doesn't make things much clearer. The line "ServiceLocator::getInstance()->getScheduler();" gives me nightmares about Symfony style complexity.

10 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

What is the function of the triggercontroller?

When I load a product page I see that a call is made to index.php?controller=trigger&ts=1677152722

What is returned is {"status":"failed","error":"Forbidden"}

It's a synthetic event to trigger scheduler. To run scheduled and deferred tasks. 

In ideal deployment, this would not be needed, because scheduler events would be triggered by cron or external process. That's not realistic for small shops, so it's emulated using this synthetic events.

10 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

When I look into the source code I see something about a scheduler but that doesn't make things much clearer. The line "ServiceLocator::getInstance()->getScheduler();" gives me nightmares about Symfony style complexity.

Tell me you have never wrote a test without telling me you have never wrote a test.