thirty bees forum

Flying shopping cart

vzex

Came across this today and remember back in the day PS had an animated cart!

https://codepen.io/anon/pen/QMjPpK

Is this something that can be added to thirtybees or should a flying cart be avoided?

I see it's offered in some themes.

Didn't know if it was removed because it caused issues, thanks!

@lesley Do you know if warehouse theme has it?

Been reading over their features and could not find it, not sure the exact term it's called though. I believe panda and transformer both do, not positive though. Anyone know for certain?

The fly to cart feature was a standarf feature in early Prestashop and I loved it. They unfortunately removed it in prestashop 1.6. Actually this feature attracted my attention for prestashop. Actually I wanted to ask the same question if this feature would be available in 30bz. Even woocommerce for wordpress has a plugin for a fly to cart feature. This would really be a great addition. It is some kind of gamification for ecommerce and makes placing items in the cart fun for the customer.

p.s.: found a thread about a modification in ps forum: https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/447905-modify-default-bootstrap-so-ajax-cart-has-no-cart-popup-on-add-to-cart-and-fly-in-cart-image/

• 1 month later...

Yep, same options for Panda but the cart animation option is located in the cart block module instead, the add to cart buttons are in the theme editor.

When I read the descriptions for transformer flying image was not listed. Not surprising since there are so many options in general!

@vzex said in Flying shopping cart:

Yes, absolutely. A comparison chart would have been helpful in deciding which to choose. If there is one, I missed it! :)

By now there are not much differences. When asked on facebook johnny replied "Hi, the design of them are different, at this time they are very similar functionally. They will have their unique features in future."

But when looking at the demo sites I think the designs are not too different either .. :D