thirty bees forum

Customer loyalty and rewards - points for discounted products

I'm writing about the module Customer loyalty and rewards v3.1.0. 

I have "No" set for the option "Give points on discounted products". However, now orders for products are apparently also denied points (the product page says "No reward points for this product because there's already a discount") if the product has a volume discount even when the customer does not order enough to qualify for the volume discount.

Shouldn't this not be the case? The customer isn't getting a discount when they don't qualify for the volume discount. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2023 at 7:28 AM, 30knees said:

An idea: There could be the option to give a different number of points (including zero) for regular discounts and for volume discounts, respectively.

I think the above is really important.

Is there any way to block a cart rule from being applied to bulk discount product price rules?

1 hour ago, 30knees said:

I think the above is really important.

Can you describe a use case for this?

1 hour ago, 30knees said:

Is there any way to block a cart rule from being applied to bulk discount product price rules?

I don't think this is possible right now. We would have to extend Cart Rules and add new type of restriction.

This is not related to loyalty points at all.  

19 hours ago, datakick said:

Can you describe a use case for this?

Yes. It's all about profit margins. If I give 5% loyalty points that's fine for regular priced products. But if I also offer the product with 15% off for 10x or more, then I don't want the customer to get an additional 5% on top because my profit will be gone.

19 hours ago, datakick said:

I don't think this is possible right now. We would have to extend Cart Rules and add new type of restriction.

This is not related to loyalty points at all.  

Yes, it's not related to loyalty points. But it's the same issue as above, i.e. I'd like to offer customers a 15% discount coupon for the whole store or even just for product X.

Now, product X already has 15% discount when you buy 10x or more. It's OK if customers use the 15% discount coupon for 1x product X and for 10x product X. But if they get 15% off of 10x and then additionally 15% there won't be any profit left. So only one discount should apply, ideally the higher one.