thirty bees forum

Help test new version of stripe module

datakick

On 4/19/2024 at 9:28 AM, datakick said:

Latest module of stripe uses api 2023-10-16 -- if you use stripe only with thirty bees, you should set this version as default in your stripe dashboard

@beetea2The API version should be fine. I can't comment on the rest. 

9 hours ago, 30knees said:

@beetea2The API version should be fine. I can't comment on the rest. 

OK thanks. Just got another error from a new order. And again the order total amount was incorrect. (The amount that Stripe collected did not match the order total)

If the customer has a product or two in the cart, then changes something like adding more products, or changing the shipping option, it appears that the Stripe module is not recognizing the updated total. The original amount is charged, but the customer gets an error message because the amount charged did not match the order total.

I've got to test this on my test site, but in the meantime we have to monitor all Stripe payments and refund those that don't match an order.

There have been 15 of these so far this month. No problems with the PayPal payment module.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me a clue as to what is going on.

Found these logs in the Stripe developers section. Each incorrect payment has this message:

payment_intent_unexpected_state

You cannot confirm this PaymentIntent because it has already succeeded after being previously confirmed.

I'll open a ticket on github...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, beetea2 said:

OK thanks. Just got another error from a new order. And again the order total amount was incorrect. (The amount that Stripe collected did not match the order total)

Indeed, this was a regression bug in the stripe v1.9.1. It's fixed, please update to 1.9.2

Thanks for reporting this, it's very serious issue. Next time, please create github issue to make sure it will be notices. I can very easily miss forum posts

Note that the problem was related to Embedded Card Form payment method only. Other payment methods worked properly. 

• 1 month later...

OK have the latest module. When configuring the module and selecting the Payment Methods, SEPA and Sofort both require webhooks.

So I set up the webhook in Stripe, but which events does it need to listen to?

Right now I have it listening to:

charge.captured
charge.dispute.created
charge.expired
charge.failed
charge.pending
charge.refunded
charge.succeeded
payment_intent.requires_action

Is that enough?

5 minutes ago, beetea2 said:

OK have the latest module. When configuring the module and selecting the Payment Methods, SEPA and Sofort both require webhooks.

So I set up the webhook in Stripe, but which events does it need to listen to?

Right now I have it listening to:

charge.captured
charge.dispute.created
charge.expired
charge.failed
charge.pending
charge.refunded
charge.succeeded
payment_intent.requires_action

Is that enough?

You can see what events module listens to here: https://github.com/thirtybees/stripe/blob/e6068d34079e6ec38c90c3c23d2392646193120b/controllers/front/hook.php#L133-L145

However, I suggest you just enabled all events, in case module need them in the future. 

Posted (edited)

OK Thanks.

I'm experimenting with Stripe Checkout, which is supposed to support all payment types selected in the Stripe dashboard. But mine only allows card payments.

I found this in classes/StripeApi.php

public function createPaymentIntent(
        Cart $cart,
        string $methodType = \Stripe\PaymentMethod::TYPE_CARD,
        array $methodData = [],
        string $returnUrl = ""
    ) {
        $paymentIntentData = [
            'payment_method_types' => [ $methodType ],

I'm not a coder, so I may be completely off-base here, but I'm wondering if TYPE_CARD should be there.

https://docs.stripe.com/payments/dashboard-payment-methods :

Previously, you used the payment_method_types parameter when defining your Checkout session to accept different payment methods. To begin managing your payment methods in the Dashboard, remove this parameter from your integration.

Screenshots below show a TB cart using Euros as currency, and the preview seen in the Stripe dashboard.

On Stripe website I have almost all payment methods selected, and the Stripe preview shows more options than my setup.shoppngcart.thumb.jpeg.c9bb77881edabfaad8eb59436685438f.jpeg

stripe-preview.jpeg

Edited by beetea2

Posted (edited)

This is the Stripe checkout page that I land on after clicking Stripe on my website, with the only option being pay by card:

stripe-page.jpeg.925a5f47480b829ba7e558ef57a2ec68.jpeg

Edited by beetea2