thirty bees forum

Anyone interested in bank transaction synchronization module?

datakick

Hi,

I'm currently developing module for my internal needs, but I believe it could be useful for others as well. 

The module basically connects to your bank account, download transaction informations, and try to match them with your pending orders. If the transaction contains order id, and amount also matches, the order is automatically switched to Paid status.

I have basic functionality working, but without any fancy stuff like configuration, transaction overview etc. I personally don't need it because I can access data in db directly, but it would definitely be needed for paid modules.

So I'm just gauging interest to see if I should invest more time into this. 

Note that this module is able to work with more than 2500 banks, from EU mostly - https://gocardless.com/bank-account-data/coverage/ 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adik said:

I wonder about one thing. To log in to the bank confirmation is required in app on my mobile device. It's possible to do this via API?

Yes. The process will be like this

1. you will have to create a (free) account with gocardless - they provide bank integration
  2. you copy api keys to the module
  3. in module, you will choose bank to connect with
  4. you will be redirected to bank authorization page, whre you will have to authorize the connection. This will use standard authorization process from your bank -- sms, mobile app authorization, or whatnot.
  5. after you grant access, the gocardless will be able to retrieve data from your bank for 180 days
  6. thirty bees module cron job will periodically call gocardless api to return data from all connected banks
  7. after 180 days, you will have to reauthorize connection, or the data synchronization stops working

with gocardless free account you can connect up to 50 bank accounts, which should be enough 🙂

2 hours ago, Adik said:

I like it! 50 connections / month in gocardless will be also enough. 😊

It's not per month, it's 50 connected bank institutions at any given time - if you have Checking and Savings bank account at Bank A, and checking account at Bank B, you need 2 connections to synchronize all 3 bank accounts.

Once connected, you can fetch transactions as often as needed, for example every 15 minutes. There are some api limits, but they are quite high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It seems interesting, I am gonna dig this new service, they do translate their website in French as well.. so it mays have some contracts here already.

We have no way of forcing customers to provide an order number from our store in a bank transfer order. And the vast majority of customers do not provide order numbers.
And what happens in such a case? Does the module somehow try to match the order to the payment? For example, by the customer's personal or address information.

2 hours ago, Yabber said:

We have no way of forcing customers to provide an order number from our store in a bank transfer order. And the vast majority of customers do not provide order numbers.
And what happens in such a case? Does the module somehow try to match the order to the payment? For example, by the customer's personal or address information.

No, not automatically. If the payment does not contain required order reference code, then it will not be automatically linked.

There will, however, be a list of received payments, and you will be able to link it from there