thirty bees forum

Ajax request failed: error

Havouza

The above error show up on all products in BO. Also when you want to choose accesories in the shop nothing happens. See attachments

Also now I wanted to update the shop from 1.4 to 1.5 and this shows up

OH SNAP! WE HAVE ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR

Any hints what have happened

Anders

shop.png

shop1.png

If you mean server error aka linux server then its strange because the server has 2 shops running and the other one has no issues at all. Error log show no errors.
Hypothetical question. Would it be possible to install a new shop and then migrate the old one. The old is 1.4

There is no need to migrate your shop. Core updater takes care of your files and db (if you think there are corrupted ones, etc.)

You have to check what is causing this issue.

Check if your shop is configured to run on the server php version (in Core updater -> Settings set 'server version' and update channel to Stable). Then check if you have some changed files when you compare your install to 1.4 in the module.

Also if you don't have (as you don't know what this is) it is VITAL for debugging to have this module installed at all times:

image.png.868d609c488bb1e7403bdfa00013c42f.png

It collects nearly all errors, notices, warnings, etc. your shop produce so you can solve them.

Nobody can help if there is no additional information on the core issue.

I have set the php version and stable so we will see

Well I have full php logt in webmin since we started the shop 2016 and I dont think the module do something extra. But where do I find the module?

When I try to update I get this error

Detaljer
Response:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access this resource.</p>
</body></html>

3 minutes ago, Havouza said:

Ok then its something else that make it impossible to update to 1.5. The error details say nothing

Well, something is returning 403 Forbidden response.

I don't think that it's thirty bees / php application. Thirty bees wasn't most likely even invoked here.

I'm 99% sure this is issue with your infrastructure

• nginx configuration
  • apache config
  • mod_security config
  • firewall settings
  • your server antivirus
  • your computer antivirus
  • your computer firewall
  • your browser extensions
  • some "security" thirty bees / prestashop module (not likely, but could be)

As said before we have 2 1.4 TB shops on the same vps with ubuntu 20.04 and Apache and php 7.4. Server 2 has no issues.

Firewall settings allow 80, 443 ssh. SSH is only allowed from 1 IP. Nothing more. I have blocked port 25 in and out because we had spamattacks on that server

For the computer I run Linux Mint, no FW no antivirus

And cnfig has not changed for at least one year on the server, more than package updates. No new modules and now updated modules

Now when updating to 1.5 is not working, would it be possible to migrate to a new server with a fresh TB install?

16 minutes ago, Havouza said:

As said before we have 2 1.4 TB shops on the same vps with ubuntu 20.04 and Apache and php 7.4. Server 2 has no issues.

Firewall settings allow 80, 443 ssh. SSH is only allowed from 1 IP. Nothing more. I have blocked port 25 in and out because we had spamattacks on that server

For the computer I run Linux Mint, no FW no antivirus

And cnfig has not changed for at least one year on the server, more than package updates. No new modules and now updated modules

Now when updating to 1.5 is not working, would it be possible to migrate to a new server with a fresh TB install?

That still doesn't rule out infrastructure/misconfiguration issue. 

For example, you can have nginx reverse proxy with low settings for buffer memory. If your php server returns bigger http headers that can be stored, nginx will drop the response and return generic/standard error message similar to yours. One of your thirty bees installation can return much smaller headers, for example because it contains less cookies, or cookie content is smaller.

I think that you should really investigate the root cause of this problem. Because it's most likely not a problem with application. You can reinstall your tb from scratch, restore database, and then encounter the same problem once again. 

But if really want to migrate -- it's easy. Backup your database. Install thirty bees. Edit settings.inc.php and copy all encryption keys there. Restore your database. Then go to core updater, enable debug mode, and in developers tools run database migration and initialization callbacks. That should do it.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, datakick said:

That still doesn't rule out infrastructure/misconfiguration issue. 

For example, you can have nginx reverse proxy with low settings for buffer memory. If your php server returns bigger http headers that can be stored, nginx will drop the response and return generic/standard error message similar to yours. One of your thirty bees installation can return much smaller headers, for example because it contains less cookies, or cookie content is smaller.

I think that you should really investigate the root cause of this problem. Because it's most likely not a problem with application. You can reinstall your tb from scratch, restore database, and then encounter the same problem once again. 

But if really want to migrate -- it's easy. Backup your database. Install thirty bees. Edit settings.inc.php and copy all encryption keys there. Restore your database. Then go to core updater, enable debug mode, and in developers tools run database migration and initialization callbacks. That should do it.

And the 6000 pictures will also be migrated to the correct place?

@datakick Well now I have gone thru everything and in the end spun up a new vps and installed a backup of the shop but the error followed the backup so for me its more a TB problem than a server problem. But I cant find aany log that can explain it

@datakick no one seems to be able to find what is going wrong, had a php programmer have a look but no progress. Now I want to test another road if it is possible.

If I spin up a new TB 1.5.1 in a new vps, would it be possiible to then move database and necessary folders over?
Som questions.

Is there a big difference in the DB between 1.4 and 1.5? Seems so. our 1.4 has 339 tables. Our 1.5.1 shop has 358 tables

Which folders should be copied? More than image folders?