thirty bees forum

Who is the sender? Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username

Havouza

We get this error when testing mail. So who is the sender? The customer service email address and the smtp username is same so who is the sender?

Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username

@the.rampage.rado

Ok thanks that sorted out that problem. Now all mails to the customer works.

BUT. The admin mail still not work for some reason. There is not much to configure in the mail nocice module more than email address and I have put 2 there just to be sure. And if the PHP Mailer module now is correct configured, the admin mail should also work but nothing. And nothing in any log that I can find. I have also checked the mail.log from the mail server but nothinng

15 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Did you implement the code modification datakick made for your case in the other thread?

I cant remember any code change datakick have done. Cant find that post

I have implemented the code but I doubt it is the problem. Php Mailer already handle the certs correct. And I assume the mail alerts should use the PhpMailer also so it is something else that doesnt work

1 hour ago, Havouza said:

I have implemented the code but I doubt it is the problem. Php Mailer already handle the certs correct. And I assume the mail alerts should use the PhpMailer also so it is something else that doesnt work

My guess is that email template 'new_order' is not translated for the employee language (or for shop default language)

3 minutes ago, Havouza said:

@datakick

It is not translated but it is present in the mail folder for the shop language swedish. So at least it should be sent.  It exist both in the root mail folder and in the theme mail folder.

More suggestions please

Did you check content of the template? Maybe the template is empty (there was a bug in older version of thirty bees that generated empty template files sometimes)

Is swedish the only lang in the store? If not, make sure the template exists for all languages - mailalert will use language that is assigned to employee preferences, so if the employee is using english for back office, the en variant of email template is used for them.

3 minutes ago, Havouza said:

That does not exist in any mails folder

Ok, so that's the problem. Module checks that both email template variants exists. It shouldn't really do that, I'll create a ticket for that.