thirty bees forum

What's the best way to optimize product pages?

MockoB

@DaoKakao Thats exaclty what I also did. I tried cs-cart for a few days but found it to difficult to use. The only thing that I realy liked about it was the mass editiing and the flexebility of the checkout. But as you said I too am to lazy to learn something new :-)

• 9 months later...

@mockob said in What's the best way to optimize product pages?:

From my experience with my current ps 1.5 shop it is hard to optimize product pages for search engines. The only thing that google sees is the meta title and description, nothing about long description. I made my short description as rich snippet but what about the description, google doesn't care about it. For my products I have decent unique descriptions, some are more than 1000 words. Submitted manually the pages in webmaster tools etc.

Is it true that product page content isn't properly indexed for SEO in tb? It seems hard to imagine.

@30knees it's about my ps 1.5 shop. I can't say about tb since I don't have store yet. But I must say it should be way better than ps1.5 because the image alt tags, Json module or rich snippets, including review ratings etc ... all things I had to manually add to my ps shop. How the content on the product pages is handled I can't tell yet, but I hope it's better.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

In your situation, I would advise you to simply rewrite the product descriptions to turn them into blog posts instead of directly copying them. All in all, you are the author of your content, so altering the text you wrote before should not be a problem. If you rewrite the content correctly, there should not be any trouble with the search engine and you will increase the volume of keywords at least two times  

Edited by Nathan Howard

• 3 years later...

The best way to optimize product pages is by using keyword density, optimizing images, and listing the benefits of your products. You can ensure that your content is found by potential buyers when they are searching for information about your products.
The higher the keyword density, the more likely it will be found by Googlebot when someone searches for that term.
Optimizing images can also help improve click-through rates (CTRs), which is how many people who see an image click on it instead of scrolling past it. Too often, images are low quality and need to show off portions of a product adequately. Listing all the benefits associated with each product helps educate consumers about what they're buying before making their purchase.

• 2 months later...

Optimizing product pages is crucial to improve the user experience, increasing conversions, and boosting sales. Here are some ways to optimize product pages:

1: Product images: Use high-quality product images that show the product from different angles and in use. Ensure the images are optimized for web use to ensure fast loading times.

2: Product description: Write a detailed and accurate product description that highlights the features and benefits of the product. Use bullet points and headings to make the description easy to read.

3: Product pricing: Display the product price prominently and ensure it's clear if any discounts or promotions apply. Consider offering free shipping or a money-back guarantee to improve conversions.

4: Product reviews: Include customer reviews and ratings to provide social proof and build trust. Encourage customers to leave reviews by sending follow-up emails or offering incentives.

5: Product options: Provide various product options, such as size, color, or material, to cater to different customer preferences. Use dropdown menus or radio buttons to make it easy to select options.

6: Call-to-action: Use a clear and prominent (CTA) button to encourage customers to add the product to their cart or checkout. Use action-oriented language, such as "Add to Cart" or "Buy Now."

7: Mobile optimization: Make sure your product pages are optimized for mobile devices, as more and more customers shop on their phones. Use responsive design and test your pages on different devices to ensure they look and function well.