thirty bees forum

Backup not working?

spidawebs

Question

I don't think the DB Backup is working properly. I have just tried to backup my database which has about 800 products and the file size is only 16KB. When I open it, it doesn't contain any products, just a list of all the tables.

If I go to phpMyAdmin and do the backup, the size is 1.33MB.

10 answers to this question

I have never trusted PS backup. Instead, I have a Dropbox account where the server backup facility sends a complete backup every night. and it has never failed. I have even used the backup to copy the shop to another domain. But probably not possible with all webhosts

I use Code Guard. It's free and backs up everything - the database and all the files. And if you need to restore, it's really easy.

https://www.codeguard.com/

Much better than manually doing a backup which you always tend to forget about.

I use Carbonite which is great, but I didn't know about this free backup. Here's more info on Code Guard:

https://codeguard.com/signup/create_open

Features:

1 website, 1 database. 1 GB of storage space. Automatic Restore.

Daily Automatic Backup. ChangeAlert Notifications. 7 days of backup retention.

Must be hard but interesting to start on a mission like TB.

TBH, I'm a bit surprised to see so many bugs coming up. One would think that cloning an open source repo and just replacing the brand gives a fully working system.

But I'm positive. Looking at the commits so far it's apparent that they're done by people knowing their stuff. And old stuff gets deprecated. Very good!

Hi @Traumflug :)

IMO anything that doesn't work as it should is because PrestaShop has so much wrong with it, which is why we're all here. The TB team has been, and continue to, work very hard on this project.

This is why we need many more people to donate just a little bit of time so that the top TB developers can concentrate on the really difficult parts of the project. :)

If anyone has expertise in a particular module or a section or anything regarding TB, please help us.

Thank you!