thirty bees forum

Change the productcategory module

zimmer-media

I am looking for a better solution or a good suggestion. To this module I have found in the PS forum a long time ago the solution times, the limit increase. For a long time I am dissatisfied with the result on the product pages. When I am in a category, e.g. 235 have the same products, a maximum of 30 products are displayed according to the standard setting. This is not correct. The limit to the top, I find meanwhile also no longer correct, because on the product page the additional links are listed. For SEO-friendly sites etc. this is too much. Does anyone know a better variant, eg. more than 30 products and please click here or something like that?

Sorry, I don't get it.

You have a category with 235 products inside, right? Now a customer displays this category and sees 30 of them, as well as pagination links for viewing the next page.

Now, do you want more products on such a page ("a better variant, eg. more than 30 products") or fewer of them ("For SEO-friendly sites etc. this is too much.") ? Keep in mind that more products on one page also mean longer loading times, all the products have to be loaded.

@traumflug sorry, no no no not the categorys-page, the product page with the modul productscategory-module! standard 30 items. customer landing on the product page and see hmmm 30 products in the same category. customer must scroll to top the find the category. if he change to category and see oh more then 30 products .... my english is not the best :confused:

Based on that line: https://github.com/thirtybees/productscategory/blob/master/productscategory.php#L131 The module gets 100 products max from the category (you can change it).

And in those lines it cuts the list to only 30 products (you can remove/comment those lines): https://github.com/thirtybees/productscategory/blob/master/productscategory.php#L188-L192

@yaniv14

I think that increasing the limit might be worse for the SEO review, as more links appear on the respective product page.

I hope this is possibly someone already has a solution or is still working on it.

My personal idea for this module would be that if the limit is reached the text changes with e.g. over 30 products in the same category and, if applicable, in the slider as the last link to the category or the link to the category in the heading with possibly the total number of products in this category.