thirty bees forum

Can't set permissions for Blog for PrestaShop menu in back office

Janvier

Question

I'm looking to set permissions for employees in the back-office. Warehouse comes with the Simple Blog module that appears in the BO menu as Blog for PrestaShop. When I try to set permissions for anyone else the "View, Add, Edit, and Delete" checkboxes uncheck themselves on page reload. This makes it impossible to show the Blog for PrestaShop menu option for the employee.

Also the "All" checkbox for that same module checks all other menus (Catalog, Customers, Orders, etc) when selected but doesn't keep the Blog for PrestaShop checked!

Any way to make this work?

16 answers to this question

This is the reply

"Hello.

As far as I know there are some fixes needed in blog to make it work corectly with Thirty Bees.

But I'm not 100% sure and I do not support Thirty Bees stores and there is no separate version of theme dedicated to TB stores sorry. It may change in future becouse i may have some time soon to check this fork and and see how much work I will have to do to make it 100%compatible and issue free, but for now since i had not time due focus on ps 1.7 I do not want say that it is compatible or will be compatible for 100% becouse I'm still not sure."

@Janvier can you check chrome console log for errors? The check/uncheck actions are working via ajax and it might be broken if you have some other broken scripts that interfere. I don't think that the employee permissions has got anything to do with the module. I don't mind taking a look at it if you can get me admin access

So, it seems like other blog modules (Prestablog) have the exact same issue.

The workaround I've found is to use Salesman permissions instead of Translator. There are more options to select with Salesman and that seems to do the trick. It's a workaround but not a long term solution.