thirty bees forum

Image not showing correctly

SLiCK_303

Question

12 answers to this question

My problem is that I have a png file with a transparent background that isn’t showing as transparent, it’s the Header Logo.

First thing to check would be to save the file locally and open it with an image editor. Is it a problem with the generated PNG or some page style problem?

In case it's a problem with the generated PNG, it's likely a bug. A list of steps to reproduce would help a lot to fix it. And there's also a workaroud: find the logo image file on disk and replace it with a proper one. Logos are stored directly in img/.

Could you provide a link by any chance so that we can see the source code?

P.S. I have watched at the source code of your prestashop link in your profile. Here you have uploaded a transparent png file type but this file has a .jpg ending. If your file is a png file it should also have a .png ending. I can imagine that this is the reason for your error. If a file is a transparent .png file then you should name it as .png and not as .jpg. A mishmash of file name and file type is an invitation for errors.

I have noticed things don’t work and the next day they do.

There are many many caches :-) Those 10+ caches exposed in Backoffice, PHP ones not exposed there, core code caches, server file system caches, server caches, database caches, database proxy caches, server proxy caches, backbone caches, Internet service provider caches, browser file caches, browser history caches, browser redirection caches, browser prefetch caches, to name just those coming to mind immediately. Pick your choice on where the file gets stuck for a couple of hours :-)

That's how the Internet works. Rather inefficient basics plus dozens of caches on top to re-gain reasonable performance.