thirty bees forum

Category cover images and thumbnails don't update

alwayspaws

Question

For a few images on my site for the main categories the image taken by TB was the tiny thumbnail.

I've deleted them and uploaded fresh images again and cleared the cache in TB and in FF and Chrome but the images are not updated.

The replaced category images don't update on the site, only in admin.0_1490289320449_replaced category images don't update on the site, only in admin.jpg

0_1490289382457_admin images show updates.jpg

Actually in categories is not that bad. c/103-category_default/bracelets.jpg

c = categories images folder 103 = category ID category_default = image preference type

In product is a bit more complicated because the image is being saved under the image ID and not the product ID. so product image ID 3652 will be saved in: p/3/6/5/2/3652.jpg (p = product images folder)

• Like 1

@Traumflug you are right. One thing that PS is doing wrong, is not keeping the original file as well in the same folder (p/2/3/4). But instead is creates a cloned version of the file with product image id as filename. It should be in addition.

@Traumflug Of course, but why not make it simple and understandable? Like

IMG>Category>Subcat>Products. And keep image names. This way you get an understandable structure and easy to find pictures. We have 3 shops with I estimate a total of 100000 pictures. We would not come close to any limits.

Btw PS cant be blamed for being fast, despite the wierd structure