thirty bees forum

Floating/Fixed Top Bar

Kryotic

Question

Hi, I am new to TB and wish to make my top bar exactly like the yellow TB Forum bar up top. How do I go about doing this and how does one change the size and color of the bar?0_1523050458325_03.png Want to know if this is possible to do in TB. Thanks.

7 answers to this question

@slick_303 I am still unsure how to edit a theme in TB. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm looking into Presta 1.6 documentation is that sensible?

Thanks for suggesting the Sunnytoo themes, they definitely do it. It's a bit too early to invest in TB though. Will be checking out Woo and PS 1.7.

@drmasterchief I am familiar with the security issues of WP but it's so very easy to customize and there's a tonne of information/instructions out there.

PS 1.7...lol. Yup I've heard about the problems but I need to experience them in all their glory to rule it out totally.

Tried Shopify, BigCommerce, WP and leaning more towards TB but only if I don't have to waddle through the darkness looking for (basic) information.

@kryotic said in Floating/Fixed Top Bar:

Thanks for suggesting the Sunnytoo themes, they definitely do it. It's a bit too early to invest in TB though. Will be checking out Woo and PS 1.7.

I was in your shoes a while back. If you're testing and comparing, I'd recommend focusing on non-theme elements, on functionality, etc., unless you're looking at how easy it is to edit the theme yourself. Each of those alternatives can be made to look similar.

@30knees From the get go I liked TB. It just feels good, no nonsense, easy to use and great in the functionality dept. Figuring out theme customizing is the last piece of the puzzle. It's convenient to buy the Sunnytoo theme but I feel that's going down the Shopify road.

I cant really tell you how to do it, it's too complicated for me to instruct you on this forum. Basically I would copy the default theme to a new folder, install it, and start playing around from there. You will need to edit the .tpl files (like header.tpl, or some of the modules theme files), the .css files, and the positions of the modules (for instance putting the search module in displayNav). I would simply do a search on the internet for "how to make a prestashop theme", you should find good info there. Thirtybees is based off of Prestashop 1.6, so the theme making/modifying is basically the same. Sorry if I couldn't give you the answer you are looking for, but a search should be a good place to start.

edit: doing the search I suggested, came up with this, it seems like a good series, from what little I watched... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu4Hz08gX6U