thirty bees forum

Module compatibility question

zak

Hello guys,

Thank you so much for putting such endless hours and a long journey to dedicate your time and energy to build ThirtyBees, I must say, you have to be proud of yourself and everyone who contributed in this project, Bravo !

My question is regarding Prestashop 1.7 modules, I would like to know if they will work with ThirtyBees, specifically, I would like to know if Webkul Prestashop Marketplace modules will work, here is their link and you can tell me from there:

Link : https://store.webkul.com/PrestaShop-Extensions.html

In addition I would like to know if most of the themes published in themeforest will be compatible as well?

Thank you

1.7 modules don't even work for 1.6... So real 1.7 modules don't work with thirtybees.

Your webkul module supports 1.6 as well. For 1.6 modules you have a chance, it's working. But keep in mind: it's just a question of time till TB is no more compatible with PS modules. thirtybees wil have it's own module store in the future...

I see. I wish it would be compatible.

So If I want to start a multi vendor store and give the marketplace sellers the ability to make refunds and do mass product upload, specify their Tax and shipping fees via table rate shipping, manage returns and a communication buyer-seller platform... would that be possible with TB in the future?

Thanks for your reply.

But @wakabayashi said that "But keep in mind: it’s just a question of time till TB is no more compatible with PS modules. thirtybees wil have it’s own module store in the future…"

Does it mean I should not rely on other third-party developers' modules? and that I have to wait until you release your own TB modules?

I see, but that's not a good thing, because once you update to a new TB version everything will crash down...

Do you think TB will release the multi vendor module and all other modules I mentioned in the near future? any estimated release time?

Thanks for keeping me updated :)

once you update to a new TB version everything will crash down…

Not that drastic. I don't think TB changes programming interfaces just for the sake of changing them. One example: PS had imported code in tools/, while TB uses composer, which happens to place modules in vendor/. There are modules out there which happen to access the files in tools/ directly. Accordingly, TB provides compatibility code to keep direct accesses to the older place working. This compatibility code might go away one day, but then it's trivial for module developers to change their code to the new place (or better: to make no assumption about where such code is placed). There's also no hurry to adapt to the new place either, for some time both places work. Also, module developer get instructions on how to change their code for future-proofness. In the end both, the module and the shop in general, will work better.