thirty bees forum

new product does not show up in new arrivals (new products block) on home page when caching is on - TB 1.0.4

violinparts

Hi, Newly listed product does not show on home page New Arrivals (new products block) automatically when caching (including full page caching) is on.

I have to disable the caching and clear cache every time a new product is listed to make it show up on New arrivals.

What is the issue here?

Is it not possible to make new products show up when caching is one?

I also noticed it, but I can't confirm when it happens. And since I ctrl+f5 multiply times and changed the cache settings also, I don't know when exactly the new products started showing again. But they disappeared and showed multiply times.

And I don't want to open new topic about it, but when i add product to the cart from the quick view window, the product is added but it redirects me to the product page. I don't find it normal behavior.

You are probably right. It may still be connected to the default caching. In my case, newly listed products will show in New arrivals home page after I disable and clear cache.

Or it may simply be that the new products block module does not work properly.

There is bug indeed. To fix it, modify file /modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.php and change line ~308 from

foreach ($caches as $template => $cacheId) { Tools::clearCache(Context::getContext()->smarty, $template, $cacheId); }

to

foreach ($caches as $template => $cacheId) { Tools::clearCache(Context::getContext()->smarty, $this->getTemplatePath($template), $cacheId); }

I don't understand which exactly are featured on your homepage. I actually expected to see new carousel or additional tab on the existing one, which states featured ... maybe I should add more than 2 products on my test store and check it again.