thirty bees forum

[idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more

Beeta

Anyone ever used this? Some opinions about it? I think it can be very useful.

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/promotions-gifts/7422-price-increment-reduction-by-group-category-and-more.html

I'm evaluating for a client (right now is on PS1.6).

@foolab I used it. It works but it is buggy in some configurations. It does not work well with the latest versions of TB at the moment. I had to deactivate it but I am trying to find a way to have it work still with TB because when it does work, it is very versatile and useful.

@movieseals If the module worked properly on previous 1.0.x of TB and stopped working on a newer 1.0.x version, then this must not happen as the 1.0.x are supposed to keep PS 1.6 legacy backward compatibility and improve it, definitely not break it. A lot of hard work and efforts were put by Michael Dekker into achieving this critical goal. If it no longer works for you, please report the full details here. When it was working and when it stopped, errors if appear and any information that you can share that can help TB developers correct this. This symptom may point to a much wider problem - breaking compatibility with one module is quite likely breaking compatibility with other modules that TB users invested their hard earned money in and expect them to work when they use TB 1.0.x and/or when they migrate from PS. Also, creating a github bug report with as many technical details as possible may help both you and others. And if you are able to get support from the modules' developer/s who can point out where the issue is, then that information can also be very helpful to correct the core's incompatibility issue.

As I write in my first post the client right now is on PS1.6. I was only asking if someone is using that module to have some "no TB specific" opinions.

@movieseals do you remember some specific troublesome configurations?

Hi,

we are the developers of the module. We have tested our last module version in the TB last version and all is working properly (except a definition in the SpecificPrice.php function).

If you are interested in, you can purchase the module from here: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/promotions-gifts/7422-price-increment-reduction-by-group-category-and-more.html

and we will send to you the last version fixed and we will offer the support if it's necessary.

Also, all our modules are compatible with ThirtyBees, here is the link of the complete list: https://addons.prestashop.com/109_idnovate

Don't hesitate in contact with us from Addons if you have any problem with any of them.

Regards, David

@idnovate said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

If you are interested in, you can purchase the module from here: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/promotions-gifts/7422-price-increment-reduction-by-group-category-and-more.html

and we will send to you the last version fixed and we will offer the support if it's necessary.

Also, all our modules are compatible with ThirtyBees, here is the link of the complete list: https://addons.prestashop.com/109_idnovate

Don't hesitate in contact with us from Addons if you have any problem with any of them.

Regards, David

Maybe it's a better idea to add all the compatible modules to the Thirtybees store then the revenue will flow in the right pocket :)

@idnovate Thank you for the useful information. I think it will be very beneficial for your company to test all your modules compatibility and fix if necessary and post them on Thirtybees store as @piet suggested. This way, the increasing number of merchants using Thirtybees (not all shifting from PS) will know that your modules are fully compatible already and ready for immediate installation and it will be an additional source of income for your company, with very minimal efforts (just test and slightly revise your code if needed, before you offer it on TB store). That's a total win-win situation for you. Thirtybees users naturally look for TB modules in the TB store (and BO), usually not on Prestashop store and usually don't read every forum post, so adding your support here is highly recommended. :)

Thanks again

@idnovate Hi! The version I have is 1.4.6. It used to work very well until TB 1.0.4. I own several of your modules already and all the others work flawlessly with TB up to now (1.0.6). Groupinc was the only that starting causing issues (it no longer works properly in some instances, I will detail everything as soon as I have a minute) but I tested it pretty thoroughly. I was hesitant to contact via addons because my care period is expired and I got a pretty nasty experience last time I asked for help there (even though I was willing to pay for the support despite the expiration as the guy wanted me to sign for that stupid zen program and I refuse to do so). Anyways, I would love for that module to work again for me in TB the way it used to. And thank you so much for reaching out! Very nice gesture!

@piet said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

@idnovate said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

Regards, David

Maybe it's a better idea to add all the compatible modules to the Thirtybees store then the revenue will flow in the right pocket :)

@doclucas said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

@idnovate One thing I forgot. I am sure Thirtybees will be very happy to list your company here after your modules are officially supporting & fully compatible with TB: https://thirtybees.com/partners/compatible-modules/

Thanks for the tips, we have already contacted with ThirtyBees.

@movieseals said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

@idnovate Hi! The version I have is 1.4.6. It used to work very well until TB 1.0.4. I own several of your modules already and all the others work flawlessly with TB up to now (1.0.6). Groupinc was the only that starting causing issues (it no longer works properly in some instances, I will detail everything as soon as I have a minute) but I tested it pretty thoroughly. I was hesitant to contact via addons because my care period is expired and I got a pretty nasty experience last time I asked for help there (even though I was willing to pay for the support despite the expiration as the guy wanted me to sign for that stupid zen program and I refuse to do so). Anyways, I would love for that module to work again for me in TB the way it used to. And thank you so much for reaching out! Very nice gesture!

If you have the issues detected with the module we could check it as soon as possible to ensure the compatibility.

Regards, David

@piet said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

Regards, David

@doclucas said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

@idnovate One thing I forgot. I am sure Thirtybees will be very happy to list your company here after your modules are officially supporting & fully compatible with TB: https://thirtybees.com/partners/compatible-modules/

Thanks for the tips, we have already contacted with ThirtyBees.

@lesley

@idnovate One of the issues I encountered since 1.0.5, is that groupinc seems to break two modules (multicurrency and force currency - a module from another member of this forum). Our store is based in Canada and we need to show the price inclusive of the exchange rate because the law requires us to show the final price at all times. groupinc actually breaks the function of these two modules (they used to work fine before) since 1.0.5 version of TB. There was a few other issues but for our store this is a deal breaker because the law requires that if we do not show the proper price, the item has to be free if below $10 or we need to give it to the lowest price, which would be the USD price, and we would lose a lot of money. It is not an ideal situation because groupinc allowed us to be almost surgical in our promotions. I will get to the others issues we encountered when I am done testing things.

@movieseals said in [idnovate] price increment reduction by group category and more:

@idnovate One of the issues I encountered since 1.0.5, is that groupinc seems to break two modules (multicurrency and force currency - a module from another member of this forum). Our store is based in Canada and we need to show the price inclusive of the exchange rate because the law requires us to show the final price at all times. groupinc actually breaks the function of these two modules (they used to work fine before) since 1.0.5 version of TB. There was a few other issues but for our store this is a deal breaker because the law requires that if we do not show the proper price, the item has to be free if below $10 or we need to give it to the lowest price, which would be the USD price, and we would lose a lot of money. It is not an ideal situation because groupinc allowed us to be almost surgical in our promotions. I will get to the others issues we encountered when I am done testing things.

What does "break two modules" means? There's some kind of error or message? The other 2 modules stop working? Could you send to me an email with the Backoffice acces and an example of the issue please? info@idnovate.com We will check it asap.

Regards,

@idnovate Hi! Sorry for the late reply! Both modules stopped doing what they normally do. There was no error message, the functionalities of both modules was just terminated. The only to get them to work is to delete groupinc. I will send you all the info later tonight, along with some screen caps and a detailed explanation of the issues encountered.