thirty bees forum

Language contribution

dudekk

Translations happen on Crowdin: https://crowdin.com/project/thirty-bees/pl#

There's also module Crowdin in-context, find it in back office -> Modules & Services. Not sure how ell this works, though.

Currently, translations from Crowdin get picked up on every release, which happens about once each month.

• 3 months later...

However importing language file from crowdin stil does not work for Slovenian language:

ISO CODE invalid "sl.zip" for the following file: "sl.zip"

All files in downloaded pack are sl-SI and the files on tb instalation are in sl format (sl-SI.php and sl-SI folders vs sl.php and sl folders)

One can only import language packages from translations.thirtybees.com. There's kind of a voodoo compilation step between the download from there and the download from Crowdin, done for every release. Also, not all thirty bees ISO codes match the codes on Crowdin.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick and dirty method: d/l the sl.zip file from crowdin and uzip it to some location.

Then you have to rename files with name sl-SL.php to sl.php in every (sub)dir of unzipped location.

After it you can simply copy all that stuff to your shop. You have to keep the directory structure, so when copying a copy utility may ask to overwrite existing directories - this is normal.

2 @Traumflug or @lesley: The crowdin stringset does not updated for a long time. Does it still synchronized with current TB core/modules?

That is not working. As downloading complete package on crowdin does not download current state of translations.

The files that are in downloaded package have the date of 14. December 2018. 🙂

Only when downloading single files I get all the recent translations.

Quick example, TB updater in complete download has no translated strinks, but if downloaded only the tbupdater file, all strings are there.

Same with other files in other modules and theme and admind and ...

Edited by toplakd

Have it working now, but not with Quick and dirty method, it was just dirty but not quick 🙂
Downloaded the pack which has old translations from december so i get complete directory structure.

Renamed all the .php files at once within all directories with one command.

Renamed the few directories from sl-SI to sl.

And than downloaded each file at the time and replacing it in apropriate directory.

Took some time, but i have it working now.

Than downloaded PS Email generator so I could generate all the email templates for my language with help of lang_content.php.

And now almost ready to put the modified theme with 100% updated language to live shop.

Edited by toplakd

13 hours ago, DaoKakao said:

The crowdin stringset does not updated for a long time. Does it still synchronized with current TB core/modules?

This synchronization currently happens for releases, only.

Doing it, let's say weekly, has the additional challenge that it needs to keep older strings for a while.

• Like 1