thirty bees forum

How display a "Shipping calculated at checkout" message or something similar in ajax cart

x97wehner

When I disable all couriers for visitors it solves the issue of showing the wrong shipping rate to customers before they give their address. It also completely hides the shipping phrase from the cart. I'd like it to display "Shipping calculated at checkout" or some similar message until the visitor provides an address at checkout. I can't figure out how to make this happen.

Can someone please advise? All the shopify stores seem to have this option by default. Am I just missing something easy?

Hi @x97wehner , this is a nice idea, but if you are / sell to the EU, you have to think about the new Anti-Geoblocking rules, which will come in December 2018. Maybe it is mandatory then to tell the customer the shipping costs when he puts items in the shopping cart (latest in the 1. step in checkout).

• 2 months later...

As long as there is no solution for TB you can try to fix it with a "dirty" solution. (Just my thoughts. Haven*t tried it yet)

If you do not offer free shipping you could create a carrier that is only connected to visitors and set it on free shipping. Than you have to change the translation "free shipping" to the text you want to have displayed. So it should display the text in the cart until the address is entered, either for guest or customer and shows than the real carrier with the real cost.